First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Nurse Anesthetist
Well I posted about trading my 21 inch wheels for 20 inch wheels and I got crickets. What is the take on aftermarket wheels that fit on the Rivian? I know that Fitment is particular for this vehicle. Does anybody know of a good set of aftermarket wheels? And, what is the sizing and what tires are you using?
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
It’s been a bit since I searched, but last I saw there were literally no aftermarket wheels with the same offset as the Rivian wheels (+48mm). Here on the forum there was someone who tried a couple aftermarket wheels with different offsets and got them to work. I believe you would need at least +18mm offset which pushes the wheel out just over an inch more than stock. There were a few +20mm wheels for sale out there too. Fuel made some.

The other thing to keep in mind even if you find some that fit is whether they are built for the weight of the Rivian. So sticking with a manufacturer of truck wheels like Fuel or similar is probably a good idea. Some of them were ugly as hell though…

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
OP
OP

Gabe1aron

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Nurse Anesthetist
Thanks for the links

Sponsored

OP
OP

Gabe1aron

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Nurse Anesthetist
It’s been a bit since I searched, but last I saw there were literally no aftermarket wheels with the same offset as the Rivian wheels (+48mm). Here on the forum there was someone who tried a couple aftermarket wheels with different offsets and got them to work. I believe you would need at least +18mm offset which pushes the wheel out just over an inch more than stock. There were a few +20mm wheels for sale out there too. Fuel made some.

The other thing to keep in mind even if you find some that fit is whether they are built for the weight of the Rivian. So sticking with a manufacturer of truck wheels like Fuel or similar is probably a good idea. Some of them were ugly as hell though…
Ugly and expensive. I guess I will just wait a while for more and less expenaive options

OP
OP

Gabe1aron

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Nurse Anesthetist

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
OP
OP

Gabe1aron

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Nurse Anesthetist
Yeah, there were very few I would even consider putting on my truck. The Covert D694 was probably the least offensive looking and they aren’t that great either.
https://www.discounttire.com/buy-wheels/fuel-wheels-covert-d694
Yeah, I don't understand what the appeal is with the ugly wheels. Will continue to watch and wait. The custom wheels from Element are the best available so far, but at $1200 a piece, they're a little spendy for going out and bush-whacking imo

Sponsored

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech

I will never understand wheel offset measurements and fit. I think I've watched a dozen youtube videos and it still makes no sense to me. Rivian wheels are +48mm but the EV sportsline wheels supposedly fit and they are listed at +38... And per your note, I should look for a +18mm or +20mm. (Wait, I thought I was looking for +48mm?) Ha. So as long as I buy +48, +38, +18 or +20, I should be totally fine! Ha. (Don't even waste your time trying to explain it. I'm just going to wait for someone here to eventually link to a thing that works and just buy that thing.) The only logical conclusion is that wheel people are witches.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I will never understand wheel offset measurements and fit. I think I've watched a dozen youtube videos and it still makes no sense to me. Rivian wheels are +48mm but the EV sportsline wheels supposedly fit and they are listed at +38... And per your note, I should look for a +18mm or +20mm. (Wait, I thought I was looking for +48mm?) Ha. So as long as I buy +48, +38, +18 or +20, I should be totally fine! Ha. (Don't even waste your time trying to explain it. I'm just going to wait for someone here to eventually link to a thing that works and just buy that thing.) The only logical conclusion is that wheel people are witches.
It is definitely confusing. And to make it worse, you can’t just go by the size/ offset. Sometimes the numbers should technically be a fit but the design elements of the wheels prevent it from working, especially when there are big fancy brake calipers they have to fit around. I feel like I have an average understanding of it but I would still wait until someone else makes the leap first.
Sponsored