THOR

First Name
Thor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW wagon
How do you open it?
do the handles present themselves like tesla?
Do you just push the dent, like a rocker switch?
Does anyone know?
Sponsored

PoorPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have some vehicles and stuff
Clubs

How do you open it?
do the handles present themselves like tesla?
Do you just push the dent, like a rocker switch?
Does anyone know?
I don’t know for sure, but if you look closely at some of the videos and pictures, it appears there is a dimple on one end of the handle, which leads me to believe it will be a rocker-type handle.

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor AWD, Ford F150 EB 4X4 Platinum 6.5ft bed
Here's a link that shows how the door handle works and doors opening and closing. Noticed how the rear door was closed (2:56). Skip to 1:22 and 2:42 to see doors in action (and the electric Frunk!)

Rivian R1T R1S Any details on the Door handles. Screenshot_20200202-040445_YouTube

Rivian R1T R1S Any details on the Door handles. Screenshot_20200202-042909_YouTube

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Brian has mentioned many times, however, that the final design of the handles will be different than those seen on the prototypes.

GasGuzzler

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Lexus Gx460, 2017 Maserati Granturismo, GMC Yukon XL Denali
Brian has mentioned many times, however, that the final design of the handles will be different than those seen on the prototypes.
I hope so. I tend to barge through doors like Kramer used to on Seinfeld, so I'd have no patience with that handle

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I hope so. I tend to barge through doors like Kramer used to on Seinfeld, so I'd have no patience with that handle
I think I've heard mention of an additional gasket but not a wholesale redesign. This is the same type of handle found on Tesla's Model 3 which operates far more fluidly than you might imagine if you've never used one. What I am most concerned about is how Rivian will handle icing scenarios (not that I have to deal with that all too often in TX).
Sponsored