First Name
Thor
Reaction score
First Name
Thor
Vehicles
VW wagon
How do you open it?
do the handles present themselves like tesla?
Do you just push the dent, like a rocker switch?
Does anyone know?

PoorPilot

Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model X / R1T & R1S Reservation Holder
How do you open it?
do the handles present themselves like tesla?
Do you just push the dent, like a rocker switch?
Does anyone know?
I don’t know for sure, but if you look closely at some of the videos and pictures, it appears there is a dimple on one end of the handle, which leads me to believe it will be a rocker-type handle.

RayzorBEV

Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor AWD, Ford F150 EB 4X4 Platinum 6.5ft bed
Here's a link that shows how the door handle works and doors opening and closing. Noticed how the rear door was closed (2:56). Skip to 1:22 and 2:42 to see doors in action (and the electric Frunk!)

Screenshot_20200202-040445_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20200202-042909_YouTube.jpg

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicles
Honda Civic
Brian has mentioned many times, however, that the final design of the handles will be different than those seen on the prototypes.

GasGuzzler

First Name
Alex
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicles
2018 Lexus Gx460, 2017 Maserati Granturismo, GMC Yukon XL Denali
Brian has mentioned many times, however, that the final design of the handles will be different than those seen on the prototypes.
I hope so. I tend to barge through doors like Kramer used to on Seinfeld, so I'd have no patience with that handle

electruck

Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volvo XC60
I hope so. I tend to barge through doors like Kramer used to on Seinfeld, so I'd have no patience with that handle
I think I've heard mention of an additional gasket but not a wholesale redesign. This is the same type of handle found on Tesla's Model 3 which operates far more fluidly than you might imagine if you've never used one. What I am most concerned about is how Rivian will handle icing scenarios (not that I have to deal with that all too often in TX).