Sponsored

Any chance the R1S starts delivery in June too?

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
I know this is a long shot question but would love to hear other opinions….

It would be an interesting bit of news if It happened…
Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I know this is a long shot question but would love to hear other opinions….

It would be an interesting bit of news if It happened…
I doubt otherwise it would negate their email they sent out the other week unless they are trying to pull a fast one on us lol.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
They’ve been pretty consistent with S starting two months later than T. I can’t imagine them changing that at this stage. Sorry!

Reactions: Rad
OP
OP
Lmirafuente

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
I doubt otherwise it would negate their email they sent out the other week unless they are trying to pull a fast one on us lol.
I agree. They also stated they would deliver in large qty groups. So if Launch Green is the first group, why not do the R1T and R1S Launch Green first as the first batch. I guess that is wishful thinking. ?

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I agree. They also stated they would deliver in large qty groups. So if Launch Green is the first group, why not do the R1T and R1S Launch Green first as the first batch. I guess that is wishful thinking. ?
Nowhere have they said anything about delivering in "large qty groups". They said configuration and location would be factors in the delivery schedule along with reservation date. People have deduced a lot from a simple statement, such as how many of one color they would produce before moving onto a different color. I stand by my assertion that there will be individual options that don't enter production until later, but general production will be a mix of all producible options and not groups of identical models.

The R1S pre-production prototypes started showing up a couple months after the R1T prototypes. This is the clearest indication of the staggering of the timeline. I'll take the 2 month delay, as back at the initial reveal it was sounding more like a 3-4 month delay.

Sponsored

Jay

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent
May be they are trying to stick to "underpromise and over deliver" concept and deliver r1s as a surprise in June?

If that happened, it might be the end of the world like the movie "2012":CWL:

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

more information will be available as we get closer to production..

888tom888

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Self Storage
Wonder how rivian decides how to incorporate Amazon vehicles along with RiT/S production. I 've seen the Amazon vehicles in CA. Now I'd love to see the RiT/S

MIG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius; R1S
Wonder how rivian decides how to incorporate Amazon vehicles along with RiT/S production. I 've seen the Amazon vehicles in CA. Now I'd love to see the RiT/S
Completely separate production lines. Amazon is a good customer in addition to being an investor so they're going to meet those commitments without risk of production delays.

fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H, 2023 Genesis GV60
I would be surprised if they deliver R1S in August, my gut tells me to expect 1-2 months of additional delays.
Sponsored

Reactions: Rad