Not open for further replies.

Astro-Goggles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
Retired
I was seriously considering trading my present Honda Ridgeline and buying a Rivian - until I read the specs page. To say that I was disappointed to see no seating options except the "Vegan Leather" is an understatement!

Having had quite a bit of experience with real vs "vegan" leather (which goes by a number of different names), I will say a couple of things:

1) It simply is not even close to real leather in longevity. It looks and feels great to begin with but, based on the products I have seen, it will begin to come apart within a couple of years - in fact I predict this will be a big quality and customer satisfaction problem for Rivian if they continue down this path.
2) The idea that it is somehow more eco-friendly is disputed and calling it "vegan" does not make it more eco-friendly and is mostly just advertising spin.

Vegan Leather, for me, is absolutely a "deal breaker".

I was wondering if anyone knows if they might offer either a real leather or a premium cloth at some point in time - I am in no rush and would probably not buy for a couple years.

I tried to search for this information but did not come up with anything.

If I can't get better seating material, I would probably have to go with an electric SUV and a trailer instead since I don't want anything from the big three and the "Cybertruck" is flat ugly.....
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.