Sponsored

Any Adventure R1S owners received theirs yet?

evguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1S LE; '18 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Law
Did anyone with a R1S Adventure order receive an updated delivery window of Oct-Dec?
Sponsored

Southern R1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S (LE/GW/OC/20"AT), Lexus GX 460 Luxury
Occupation
Builder
Gotta disagree there. There are so many launch edition orders that have yet to be filled. This is infuriating to those of us that have been waiting close to 4 years now!
TLDR: It's too late for Rivian to reverse course, but I think they should have eliminated (or consolidated) LE trim production (now that no meaningful differences exist between trims) in order to simplify manufacturing and prioritize deliveries simply by order date and general production batching.

IMHO, Rivian really made their lives more difficult with the LE vs. Adventure distinctions, particularly with the fiasco of cancelling max pack and explore trims (which were the two reasons why some folks who reserved while LE was still available didn't choose those trims), as well as the later uncoupling of the off road package.

The ship as sailed at this point, but it seems like it would have made more sense to either (a) make all of the first XXXX trucks LE and ship those in order of priority (with batching in play, but otherwise without regard to original trim selected) until substantially all of the orders placed through the initial cutoff of LE orders are filled (or as close as possible taking into account batching), or (b) do away with the LE trim all together and just do Adventures, again shipping in priority order of reservations with batching in play and honoring the LE discount for tires where applicable (for orders prior to the LE reservation cutoff).

Neither of those would impact me personally since I didn't reserve until 2021, but in light of the later changes and cancellations made after the LE cutoff occurred, there's essentially zero distinction between the two trims now other than the small badging (which I strongly suspect very few people would care that much about if it meant getting their truck sooner) and the pricing discount for the tires where applicable (which would be preserved in either case). They could still run LG in the first few batches to prioritize those builds and then be done with the need to do LG paint moving forward under these scenarios as well.

Again, ship has sailed on that and I'm not impacted by either, but it just seems crazy to me from a manufacturing perspective (and confusing from a consumer perspective) to complicate production for a couple of badging issues, particularly if that does end up with folks who could have ordered LE getting punished for choosing to trust Rivian with the more expensive max pack option that was canceled for the R1S.

Last edited:

zigzagzap

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maserati QP, Porsche GTS, BMW X5, R1S
Occupation
Financial
Exactly. I also pre-ordered on 9/8/19 and passed on the LE because it was a three row config with large battery pack. I wanted seating for five and a max pack so chose Adventure. I was pretty miffed when they announced ALL R1S's would be three row and large pack. I would've totally opted for the LE if I'd known before the cut-off. The wheel upgrade alone would've made it all worth while. Not to mention the subtle interior detail differences.
SAME! Well said.

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
It's evident the folks who waited out for a max pack R1S got penalized plenty. Rivian should do something about this tranche of folks to move up their orders. Obviously understanding that earlier LEs should still get fulfilled first.

Last edited:

EBEG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2016 Pilot, 2019 Jetta
Dear Rivian:
Please do not try to offer me delivery of an R1S Adventure Package until you have filled every single Launch Edition preorder. If you can keep only one promise to your preorder holders, it obviously should be the Priority Delivery promise. I come in peace and do not want to infuriate anyone. My goal is to join the Four Year Wait Club ... please don't spoil it for me.
I love your profile pic! Hilarious.
Sponsored