Sponsored

Any “F150 Lightning-equivalent” SUVs on the horizon?

Swilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
A Little Bit of Everything
Clubs

Electruk definitively answered the question asked by the original poster (Is there any three row SUV on the horizon that give my fellow R1S reservation holders pause about completing their purchase?) seven minutes after it was asked.
Case closed then, you can move on. Why do we all care what others waste their time discussing? Have a great weekend!

Swilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
A Little Bit of Everything
Clubs

.....and you provided the same answer in a more verbose manner 4 minutes after that and I chimed in with my two cents 32 minutes after that. I'm just pointing out that I did in fact read and understand the original question.

If anybody can come up with a three row SUV that can be viewed as a legitimate competitor for the R1S and which will come to market in the next eighteen months or so, I'm sure people here would be all ears but so far crickets.

I just find all the talk about the Lightning outside of the competitors section of the the Rivian Owners forum a little perplexing, more so when it is found in the Rivian SUV section.
-Understood
-Agreed
-There is a lot of overlap and off topic discussion across this forum. Same is true of just about every forum though.
-Have a good one.

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
My wish, far-fetched as it might be, would be for Nissan to bring back the Xterra/Paladin as a BEV SUV. Same form factor as the ICE models but make it a BEV. I'd drop my R1S reservation in a heartbeat for that. I loved my X.

Sponsored

McMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Is there anyone here that is really torn between either the Lightning or the R1S?
I have reservations for a lightning and R1S explore. It will come down to price and space. If the R1S 3rd row is as useless as most crossovers then the lightning is in play. I’m not a confident a large battery lightning will be any cheaper. Really I’d want an XLT with blue drive but that’s not an option so the lariat is the minimum trim level and that will approach $70k or even more I’m sure.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Lots of speculation in this but certainly addresses the root topic of this thread

Sponsored