First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo CX90 Recharge PHEV
Occupation
Medically retired 8/27/21
Unlikely that the 75 miles is going to materialize (depends some on where exactly in "Western Maine").
They have announced that there will be 41 nationwide. Not every State gets one and likely Boston will be the closest (they have job openings there).

I'm holding out hope for Portland. If not, maybe I observe from afar for a while to see A: how dependable the R1S is and B: how quickly Rivian can deal with it when it breaks down.

But tomorrow I'm trading in my X for an XC90 PHEV. Can't live out here and have to wait 5 hours.
Sponsored

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2023.5 Defender 110
Occupation
IT Nerd
I would volunteer as an ambassador, especially in a state that hates EV cars (NC)

For the forums I suggest they create material for fans to make their own, and not run the official one. Unless it's going to be an outreach of their standard service environment. If you look at Tesla as an example their forums got pretty toxic, so much so that they were dumped because people came to the 'official' forum to get an answer on something that happened vs talking about car/getting tips from other owners on things.

Give the forum folks pretty pictures & stuff to use to make it Rivian themed but don't run their own. My $0.02 from someone who pretended to be a brand manager back In the 2000s for a computer brand.

John G.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Retired
This isn't about the delays, I get those and can empathize with them, but this kind of feels like them trying to catch up on months of failed/poor/non-existent communication. If they were truly following along with the forum, then I think they already know what they need to do and nothing new would have come from this meeting. So my positive almost has turned to a negative because it feels like lip service.
Yep, agreed. Actions speak louder than words
Sponsored