First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
If I were among the first employee deliveries and wanted to post about them publicly, I absolutely wouldn’t unlock my main account to do it. I’d create another and keep my private life private.
Yes, but who posts 15 times about their vehicle? And each one sounds like an ad. I would never post my car on social media either way. It's childish among other things.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AdamsFan1983

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
Yes, but who posts 15 times about their vehicle? And each one sounds like an ad. I would never post my car on social media either way. It's childish among other things.
I mean, you’ve posted 15 times about ‘not your vehicle’ in the last couple days, so…..

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
So this person doesn't behave how you behave, and is therefore suspicious? Check your mentality, my friend ...

jessefive

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius Prime
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
I think its hilarious that we're up to 4 pages now of talking about this dude. I wonder if he knows?

Hi Ambo!

Also, not weird to be a grown human who uses Instagram, or with more than one account. I'm 44 and I have several. Y'all are some judgy old grumps! (I mean that in the most endearing way ?)

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I think its hilarious that we're up to 4 pages now of talking about this dude. I wonder if he knows?

Hi Ambo!

Also, not weird to be a grown human who uses Instagram, or with more than one account. I'm 44 and I have several. Y'all are some judgy old grumps! (I mean that in the most endearing way ?)
He's doing what I'd most likely do tbh. And to me his content screams a regular dude havingfn with his truck and wanting to share it with people, but also isn't big into social media.

Sponsored

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner

Hi Ambo!

Haha , yah, not usually grumpy, just last night when I posted here.

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2023.5 Defender 110
Occupation
IT Nerd
On every road trip I post a picture of my x with the gull wings open and the super charger, 7 on one day, 5 on the next, both directions. so it's easily possible.

Every time I've gotten a new car I easily post 50 photos of the damn thing. up close of the various badges, any neat feature it has. Trust me the green charging bar will have 5 photos alone when I get mine, not to mention the kitchen, or the tent, or the power fold gate, or the flash light.

15 seems light.

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

Yes. We would have seen something by now. I believe deliveries are not happening. This guy's posts are so much like a commercial. It's very easy to see it's a stunt. Seems he made an IG account on Sept 8 and has just posted about Rivian since.

I agree that if Rivian isn't ready to deliver trucks to the public, it's best to deliver them to employees to test for a while. Who knows. Just feels off.
Or he's someone who wants to use the fact that he has an early vehicle to become some sort of influencer. Wouldn't be surprised to see him do some YouTube videos to show off his truck "My first week with one of the first R1Ts" "30 days with the R1T - What I wish I had known before I ordered" "Rivian R1T: Ten things I'd change if I could"

He may be an employee, but this is s 100% not some "underground" marketing stunt. Rivian has been extremely sophisticated in how they've handled the roll out, this doesn't meet that bar.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
Or he's someone who wants to use the fact that he has an early vehicle to become some sort of influencer. Wouldn't be surprised to see him do some YouTube videos to show off his truck "My first week with one of the first R1Ts" "30 days with the R1T - What I wish I had known before I ordered" "Rivian R1T: Ten things I'd change if I could"

He may be an employee, but this is s 100% not some "underground" marketing stunt. Rivian has been extremely sophisticated in how they've handled the roll out, this doesn't meet that bar.
This wasn't supposed to look sophisticated. That's my point. He's supposed to look like a normal guy who received his R1T.
Also, although he had only a few comments on each post (he actually responded to someone asking about what looked like a chip on the headlamp), he ended up disabling all comments right after I asked why the posts look/sound like an ad.

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

This wasn't supposed to look sophisticated. That's my point. He's supposed to look like a normal guy who received his R1T.
Also, although he had only a few comments on each post (he actually responded to someone asking about what looked like a chip on the headlamp), he ended up disabling all comments right after I asked why the posts look/sound like an ad.
Agree to disagree on this one.

Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Probably because he doesn't enjoy being harassed by random people accusing him of being an underhanded advertising pawn.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
Probably because he doesn't enjoy being harassed by random people accusing him of being an underhanded advertising pawn.
Or it could've been the comment from another person asking him to do a time-lapse of a fast charge cycle. Haha

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
Interesting post. Not sure if they have inside information. Maybe good news for us 2018ers.

Rivian R1T R1S Another retail customer R1T delivery!? a Rivian Blue R1T Screenshot_20211005-161832_Instagram
Sponsored