First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
All his posts start on Sept 8, and they are all Rivian events from 2019. Kind of odd that he posted those 2 years late just a few weeks before he got delivery. He probably works in marketing. Job description? "Act like you're a normal person , get a Rivian and post about it on Instagram to show people that deliveries have begun".

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
I looked at his posts again and everything feels like a marketing stunt. Really, it doesn't feel like a regular person posting about their life. He just posts about Rivian, and it all started less than a month ago. Each post feels like an ad.

Sponsored

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

This is why it's critical that deliveries are made to non-Rivian affiliated individuals. Not saying someone paying a premium for a product won't be biased, heck that is why Sony still gets great reviews!

I think the skeptics on this forum just want to know that Rivian is actually producing/selling/shipping/delivering vehicles to REAL customers (not related to Rivian). I have a hard time believing that EVERY SINGLE person (non-Rivian) that has received their R1T so far has not said a word or posted something on the internet. Heck, not even a nosy neighbor or someone seeing it driving around a town.

We saw the truck full of Rivians headed to Colorado for the media event. Why have we not seen a single truck with customer deliveries? Even if they are only producing 20 per day, that would give them over 200 vehicles that should be en-route to customers. I think someone would have seen at least ONE of them!

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
This is why it's critical that deliveries are made to non-Rivian affiliated individuals. Not saying someone paying a premium for a product won't be biased, heck that is why Sony still gets great reviews!

I think the skeptics on this forum just want to know that Rivian is actually producing/selling/shipping/delivering vehicles to REAL customers (not related to Rivian). I have a hard time believing that EVERY SINGLE person (non-Rivian) that has received their R1T so far has not said a word or posted something on the internet. Heck, not even a nosy neighbor or someone seeing it driving around a town.

We saw the truck full of Rivians headed to Colorado for the media event. Why have we not seen a single truck with customer deliveries? Even if they are only producing 20 per day, that would give them over 200 vehicles that should be en-route to customers. I think someone would have seen at least ONE of them!

Yes. We would have seen something by now. I believe deliveries are not happening. This guy's posts are so much like a commercial. It's very easy to see it's a stunt. Seems he made an IG account on Sept 8 and has just posted about Rivian since.

I agree that if Rivian isn't ready to deliver trucks to the public, it's best to deliver them to employees to test for a while. Who knows. Just feels off.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
All his posts start on Sept 8, and they are all Rivian events from 2019. Kind of odd that he posted those 2 years late just a few weeks before he got delivery. He probably works in marketing. Job description? "Act like you're a normal person , get a Rivian and post about it on Instagram to show people that deliveries have begun".
Or he created a new account where he added all the pics he had of Rivian, so people don't stalk his real account...

r1s-owner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S, Honda CRV
Occupation
Software Engineer (Principal Architect)
wait until they approve the mileage tax. the financial benefits will take a big hit
Really?!? First no one is likely to buy a 60-80k car/truck with the expectation it is "cheaper". Secondly, it would take a huge per mile tax to get to an equivalent $100/wk tax liability... Really?!? Don't see where you view a "per use" tax as a "big hit" here.

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2023.5 Defender 110
Occupation
IT Nerd
wait until they approve the mileage tax. the financial benefits will take a big hit
NC Charges $130 a year, I still come out about $4670 each year ahead, not sure how you define 'big' but that isn't it.

Sponsored

Fred6v

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi avant, VW Tiguan
Occupation
Consultant
Clubs

The first customer delivery I would like to see is a shadow buyer fronting for Consumer Reports. All he'll will break loose when review is published! If anyone remembers their first review of Tesla, it created an explosion of interest of non-normal normal peeps! Here's hoping it's an analytically praise worthy review unlike fawning fanboys on rivian stories!

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
Yes. We would have seen something by now. I believe deliveries are not happening. This guy's posts are so much like a commercial. It's very easy to see it's a stunt. Seems he made an IG account on Sept 8 and has just posted about Rivian since.

I agree that if Rivian isn't ready to deliver trucks to the public, it's best to deliver them to employees to test for a while. Who knows. Just feels off.
it doesn’t feel personal for sure. Stunt, marketing, orwhatever, this doesn’t convince me any outsider customer deliveries have happened yet.
If even 5 non-employee deliveries happened each business day, we’d have seen something by now: the transport, the. deliveries, a parking lot shot, the nosy neighbor would all create photo ops

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
Or he created a new account where he added all the pics he had of Rivian, so people don't stalk his real account...
Most grown men don't have an Instagram account, but he has two? I doubt it. He ends one with "the great outdoors await". Okay.....

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
It really doesn't matter to me whether this customer is an employee or not. Frankly, I only created an IG account to follow Rivian because they communicate so extensively through social channels. I currently have 0 posts. If I were to suddenly start sharing pics of my Rivian after delivery, everyone would have the same perception of me.

What is of note to me is that this person is clearly in IL (based on kids holding custom IL plates that they ordered but can't actually use on an EV), attendance at the 2019 event in Normal, and taking delivery at the factory. What I personally want to see is evidence of a home delivery outside of IL as evidence that they have worked through things like shipping logistics and TTL red tape in other states. Deliveries in IL is a sign of progress but home deliveries outside of IL will be the next big step toward scaling up deliveries.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
Most grown men don't have an Instagram account, but he has two? I doubt it. He ends one with "the great outdoors await". Okay.....
If I were among the first employee deliveries and wanted to post about them publicly, I absolutely wouldn’t unlock my main account to do it. I’d create another and keep my private life private.
Sponsored