Another Motortrend article with some new tidbits

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
https://www.motortrend.com/news/rivian-electric-suv-truck-van-on-sale-future-vehicles/

A few things I hadn't heard before, admittedly not ground breaking info...

I've never seen the benchmarks called out this specifically.
The vehicles had impressive benchmarks: the Porsche Cayenne for on-road dynamics, Jeep Wrangler and Land Rovers for off-road capability, and Audi for quality.
I'm not surprised about this, but I have a feeling a lot of people are ready to switch pending actual release of real photos:
Scaringe does share some interesting tidbits on how consumers are configuring vehicles. The Launch Green exterior color is proving popular.
I wonder of 150 mile range on the van is equivalent to one of the pack sizes that will be available on the commercial vehicles. The reference to three battery sizes is what makes me wonder that. Or the Amazon battery is unique, and the other two are the large and max pack.
The range of 150 miles is tailored to Amazon's use cycle to optimize the size, weight, and cost of the commercial vehicle. Rivian has three sizes of batteries, but Amazon is starting with just one of them.
That's quite the hiring pace:
Rivian has more than 3,600 employees now and is adding about 100 per week. Many are at the Normal plant, which continues to set up equipment and run pre-production vehicles. Some parts of the plant work around the clock. The plan is to start with one shift making production vehicles and quickly add a second shift.
Sponsored