harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE / 2018 Lexus GX

Saw this linked from a Reddit post.
Looks like she lives in Illinois. Should we wager if her husband or other family member works for Rivian?
Same one from this weekend. Wife of a Rivian employee.
So maddening. Rivian is killing us with semantics.

OP
OP
Trekkie

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2023.5 Defender 110
Occupation
IT Nerd
oh sorry for the dupe, i searched before and didn't see that.

I'm in the 'it's still a sale' crowd, i'm happy people that have busted their ass for years are getting trucks. They can find the bugs instead of an irate youtuber.

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
oh sorry for the dupe, i searched before and didn't see that.

I'm in the 'it's still a sale' crowd, i'm happy people that have busted their ass for years are getting trucks. They can find the bugs instead of an irate youtuber.
No disrespect to you at all. It's just a poke in the eye to some of us that have been waiting for years. I'm perfectly fine with Rivian delivering to employees first. I actually think its awesome that they are. It's just as infuriating, however, when they have routinely laid out timelines for us - the consumers - and then not followed through. Like saying deliveries will start in September. They - Rivian - obviously meant employee delivers when they said that - which is a pretty crappy way to treat customers that have been waiting with bated breath for so long. It almost seems downright shady to me. How about just say - employee delivers start in September.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Trekkie

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2023.5 Defender 110
Occupation
IT Nerd
No disrespect to you at all. It's just a poke in the eye to some of us that have been waiting for years. I'm perfectly fine with Rivian delivering to employees first. I actually think its awesome that they are. It's just as infuriating, however, when they have routinely laid out timelines for us - the consumers - and then not followed through. Like saying deliveries will start in September. They - Rivian - obviously meant employee delivers when they said that - which is a pretty crappy way to treat customers that have been waiting with bated breath for so long. It almost seems downright shady to me. How about just say - employee delivers start in September.
Just because I'm new to the forum, doesn't mean I've not been waiting either.

If this were 2019, and we hadn't gone through a pandemic, and we aren't facing crazy supply chain problems, and if we weren't fighting chip issues, I might be a bit more annoyed. I think it's silly to get worked up over this at this point. The world is a mess, Rivian is but one of many symptoms of that mess.

I doubt very much the entire leadership team is sitting around going 'what can we do to annoy all our LE and reservation holders this week? I know, let's sell trucks to employees only that'll really poke them in the eye'

For all we know in the last 12 years of them spinning up to this they have in contracts with employees that they have the right to the first vehicle off the assembly line, you promise all sorts of things in stealth mode. They should communicate it though, and for that sure I'm disappointed but I don't think they're actively looking at ways to frustrate someone so much that they walk away from the conversion of the deposit to a sale.

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just because I'm new to the forum, doesn't mean I've not been waiting either.

If this were 2019, and we hadn't gone through a pandemic, and we aren't facing crazy supply chain problems, and if we weren't fighting chip issues, I might be a bit more annoyed. I think it's silly to get worked up over this at this point. The world is a mess, Rivian is but one of many symptoms of that mess.

I doubt very much the entire leadership team is sitting around going 'what can we do to annoy all our LE and reservation holders this week? I know, let's sell trucks to employees only that'll really poke them in the eye'

For all we know in the last 12 years of them spinning up to this they have in contracts with employees that they have the right to the first vehicle off the assembly line, you promise all sorts of things in stealth mode. They should communicate it though, and for that sure I'm disappointed but I don't think they're actively looking at ways to frustrate someone so much that they walk away from the conversion of the deposit to a sale.
I don't think they are actively being disingenuous either. The sum of my frustration is nothing more than poor communication, the same thing that has disappointed you.