Sponsored

Annoying default changes

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I'm getting really tired of double-checking and resetting default settings for everything from ride height to climate fan position and now apparently charging amperage. Why can it remember my Spotify station and the last song playing, but I have to reposition my AC fans every time I jump in?

This morning, I came out to find my overnight charge schedule active... But at 8 amps, the lowest amperage possible. I never changed that! I'm lucky I had enough charge from the day before to make my commute, but what if I didn't? I can forgive the climate fans, but this is the type of bug that's unacceptable.
Sponsored

lmr

First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Passat B7, Rivian R1S
Occupation
Technical Product Management
Clubs

This morning, I came out to find my overnight charge schedule active... But at 8 amps
I would definitely report that to Rivian, amperage should not be changing without some sort of manual intervention and that is a major bug if it is.

jollyroger

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3, R1T
Occupation
IT Manager
I had that happen to my Tesla once long ago and it turned out that the charger kept lowering the amperage for some reason, and the car "adopted" the new setting.

Not saying that is what it was but restarting my charger (EVSE) fixed the issue

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
If a Tesla notices the voltage drop while charging, it assumes that the wiring is overloaded/overheating and reduces the amperage until the voltage recovers. In addition to issues with your home's wiring, it could also be a less than fully plugged in connector or that the charger was coming loose from the wall.

I have no idea if Rivian also does this, but they should. Reducing charging amperage in any of those scenarios is the proper thing to do. Voltage drop * Amps = the amount of heat being produced in the wiring. A slow charge is better than risking an electrical fire.

Of course if your electric company sucks and the voltage coming into your house is fluctuating, you can get false positives.

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
This is definitely something wrong with your truck. I park in sport mode so its in the lowest setting and its still in sport and lowest when I come back to it. Also I have never seen my amps get changed below 48.
Sponsored