Sponsored

Anniversary R1S

smiles11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1970 Porsche 911E, 2020 Porsche Carrera S (992)
Honestly, Rivian was only going to be a target investment opportunity the last few years. Ever since Amazon & Ford backed the EV startup. I never imagined my family would ever own an EV. Especially coming from someone who loves ICE enthusiast vehicles; but.... thanks to how well the IPO has done. I was able to cashout a small chunk to buy an R1S for my wife. This is going to be a surprise anniversary gift next year for her, as she always talks about getting out of her 'gas-guzzling' SUV.

I feel it's a win-win. It has allowed us to take the leap into the EV market, while also giving back to Rivian. Who has already given us so much!

I was able to get her on the configurator to gauge her interest on what options she likes best; while discussing our return on investment & giving her some history behind Rivian.

The build is an Adventure package R1S. Glacier White with an Ocean interior. 22" Sport Bright wheels. Off-Road upgrade. Roof rack. All weather floor mats. Wall charger.

I'm truly excited to get it for her! Rivian has helped our family get into the EV market & as of today; this company has become MORE than just an investment for us. Thank you Rivian!
Sponsored

Last edited:

MIG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius; R1S
Honestly, Rivian was only going to be a target investment opportunity the last few years. Ever since Amazon & Ford backed the EV startup. I never imagined my family would ever own an EV. Especially coming from someone who loves ICE enthusiast vehicles; but.... thanks to how well the IPO has done. I was able to cashout a small chunk to buy an R1S for my wife. This is going to be a surprise anniversary gift next year for her, as she always talks about getting out of her 'gas-guzzling' SUV.

I feel it's a win-win. It has allowed us to take the leap into the EV market, while also giving back to Rivian. Who has already given us so much!

I was able to get her on the configurator to gauge her interest on what options she likes best; while discussing our return on investment & giving her some history behind Rivian.

The build is an Adventure package R1S. Glacier White with an Ocean interior. 22" Sport Bright wheels. Off-Road upgrade. Roof rack. All weather floor mats. Wall charger.

I'm truly excited to get it for her! Rivian has helped our family get into the EV market & as of today; this company has become MORE than just an investment for us. Thank you Rivian!
As already noted, the toughest part will be convincing your wife that your anniversary falls on whatever date the thing arrives.

OP
OP
smiles11

smiles11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
haha that is true. No hurry. I’m sure I can make a case for something when it arrives. ?

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Happy Wife = Happy Life! ?

OP
OP
smiles11

smiles11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Received our delivery window. Second half 2023.

Not bad, but timing isn't great as my wife has also been eyeing the future Porsche Macan EV which starts production in 2023 as well.
Sponsored