First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Sure anything can be manipulated. But when 99% plus scientists agree on something I do think that has meaning.
99% of scientists agreed during Galileo and Semmelweis' day too. Appeal to authority and appeal to population fallacy. If you agree science can be manipulated, and funding and political pressure are ways it can be done, it's possible that we don't know the truth or the whole truth on climate change.

Every time we look at the atrocities of the past and the outright dismissal of obviously correct dissenting voices and wonder how something that stupid could happen comments like this one you just made are how those things could happen.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
99% of scientists agreed during Galileo and Semmelweis' day too. Appeal to authority and appeal to population fallacy. If you agree science can be manipulated, and funding and political pressure are ways it can be done, it's possible that we don't know the truth or the whole truth on climate change.

Every time we look at the atrocities of the past and the outright dismissal of obviously correct dissenting voices and wonder how something that stupid could happen comments like this one you just made are how those things could happen.
not sure those were scientists. They were part of the church. And if someone can prove some science is wrong thatā€™s great. Thatā€™s what makes science great. We donā€™t know everything and we probably never will. So when a new idea comes up and can be PROVEN then it should be accepted Thatā€™s what has been happening in science for the past few centuries. But just because some one says something different or want to ā€œdo their own researchā€œ doesnā€™t mean shit unless there is proof.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

not sure those were scientists. They were part of the church. And if someone can prove some science is wrong thatā€™s great. Thatā€™s what makes science great. We donā€™t know everything and we probably never will. So when a new idea comes up and can be PROVEN then it should be accepted Thatā€™s what has been happening in science for the past few centuries. But just because some one says something different or want to ā€œdo their own researchā€œ doesnā€™t mean shit unless there is proof.
Science was a lot different then than it is now. Ideas can be shared instantly with essentially every other living human.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Ioniq 5, ā€˜78 Jeep Wagoneer
In the heart of coal rolling country @ now.

Rivian R1T R1S Angry RAM TRX drivers last night 04C341EE-713A-469A-9463-B5C91E282D7D

Rivian R1T R1S Angry RAM TRX drivers last night 7B5BB596-F55D-47DE-B1ED-E8F7B67BCBFA

Rivian R1T R1S Angry RAM TRX drivers last night BBAC7855-BC2B-4033-A503-93F53F306FDD

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Science was a lot different then than it is now. Ideas can be shared instantly with essentially every other living human.
Yep. Exactly. Galileo had proof he was right and it was suppressed. That doesnā€™t happen as much these days and shouldnā€™t happen at all.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
I think we can all agree that rolling coal (literally modifying your truck to push unnecessary emissions in to the air to annoy other drivers) makes you a complete douchebag. But just driving a big ICE truck should not be labeled "rolling coal".

now back to my popcorn.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I think we can all agree that rolling coal (literally modifying your truck to push unnecessary emissions in to the air to annoy other drivers) makes you a complete douchebag. But just driving a big ICE truck should not be labeled "rolling coal".

now back to my popcorn.
100% agree.

Sponsored

DirtyJester

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 kona ev
Occupation
Millwright
Iā€™m not a lefty but it runs in my family so Iā€™m sympathetic to them.
Both my brother and I are south paws. My brother is complete left at everything, even kicks with left foot. Iā€™m a hybrid. šŸ˜‚. Write with left. Cut with left. Throw and kick with right. Play hockey right handed. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Both my brother and I are south paws. My brother is complete left at everything, even kicks with left foot. Iā€™m a hybrid. šŸ˜‚. Write with left. Cut with left. Throw and kick with right. Play hockey right handed. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Haha. Nice! Iā€™m 100% right handed but my dad and my daughter are 100% left handed. Had to learn how to teach throwing and hitting lefty coaching softball on my daughters team.

DirtyJester

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 kona ev
Occupation
Millwright
Haha. Nice! Iā€™m 100% right handed but my dad and my daughter are 100% left handed. Had to learn how to teach throwing and hitting lefty coaching softball on my daughters team.
Oh man that couldnā€™t have been easy. I try to throw with my left and I look ridiculous and the throw is even worse than I look doing it. šŸ¤£

Jayhawkeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Software
Love our R1S, but I would also love to trade in my Expedition for a Raptor or TRX! (wifey says no lol)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.