First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
I don't know if R.J. played any cricket at MIT but Elon grew up in South Africa and probably did so while these guys might have an advantage there relative to Rivian it is not so great when compared to Tesla.

CappyJax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
https://www.prnewswire.com/in/news-...v-launch-now-taking-pre-orders-842440586.html

An amazing 200kw battery with 700 miles for an 8-seat truck.

5k preorder. $135K if you want the Founders Edition.

Skeptical? Check out the Our Team section on their website.

https://www.tritonsolar.com/our-team/
200kWh battery and 700 mile range is 285 watts per mile which is almost the same as a Tesla Model 3 AWD (283). If they had some realistic numbers, they might fool more people.

OP
OP
Pherdnut

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
200kWh battery and 700 mile range is 285 watts per mile which is almost the same as a Tesla Model 3 AWD (283). If they had some realistic numbers, they might fool more people.
Perhaps they have some super-mega-conductor tech... that would make a lot more sense to sell than an EV if they had it.

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagn; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2021 Toy Mirai
The CEO has experience in rescuing a bar and the restaurant business. As A.J. points out, he's got cricket too. What more could you ask for?

Sponsored

CappyJax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
Perhaps they have some super-mega-conductor tech... that would make a lot more sense to sell than an EV if they had it.
I think they has a we-gonna-take-your-money-and-run tech.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

alanpine

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Honda Accord
Skeptical? Check out the Our Team section on their website.

https://www.tritonsolar.com/our-team/
The second guy looks like The Most Interesting Man in the World. I'm glad he's doing well after his Dos Equis days. Apparently they're headquartered in the next town over from me. I think I'm in! What a great chance to be part of a company headquartered in a nondescript office park and without the attention to detail to even capitalize consistently on their website. I know I'm pedantic to point out capitalization but can't help it.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
LOL, you're not alone @alanpine . Nothing like wetting a higher standard (last sentence from Founder's bio):

"software that wets a higher standard for energy-efficient solar systems."

OP
OP
Pherdnut

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
The second guy looks like The Most Interesting Man in the World. I'm glad he's doing well after his Dos Equis days. Apparently they're headquartered in the next town over from me. I think I'm in! What a great chance to be part of a company headquartered in a nondescript office park and without the attention to detail to even capitalize consistently on their website. I know I'm pedantic to point out capitalization but can't help it.
Typos on facebook and forum posts are one thing. It is 100% not-pedantic to mock glaring grammar problems on a public/investor-facing website that wants 5k or 140k for launch edition to secure your place in line.
Sponsored