An old whimsical wish for slow speed sound effects

Kickaha

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla Model X
I think having a library of various sounds allowing the owner to configure how their car sounds is a terrific idea. You could also tie it to a driver profile so it sounds one way when I drive it but another when my wife drives it. Fairly easy to do, from a code perspective.

I am 100% confident Rivian will get the Big Things right but its these Little Things that will appeal to the mass market. Like the rechargable flashlight in the door - those things wont necessarily sell the car but they will drive post-sale owner satisfaction through the roof! (and repeat business, too)

Just another way to set Rivian apart.
Sponsored

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
I've read discussions of the default noise being amplified tire noise since pretty much everyone recognizes it.

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Mitsubishi Endeavor. Pre-order: R1S LE
I've read discussions of the default noise being amplified tire noise since pretty much everyone recognizes it.
From an effective standpoint that makes sense. I can easily see other sounds causing a delayed reaction as people think they're hearing perhaps someone's overly loud headphones or whatever. Those split seconds of someone(s) trying to figure out what that sound is before actually turning their head to look where it's coming from could make all the difference on whether they get out of the way in time or not.

Last edited:

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagn; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2021 Toy Mirai
Or how about the HBO opening theme?

Sponsored

redantpile

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 EDGE, 2023 R1S red adventure 20"
Occupation
Retired telephone engineer
Clubs

I would like the sound of an air cooled Volkswagen beetle engine. Increased rpm's and even the gear shifts as you accelerate. Just to make people laugh.
Sponsored