Sponsored

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec
Any pictures of the little Chevy that did that to you?
Sponsored

Hillbilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boat and tractor
Occupation
Hillbilly
100%. We prayed for the other man too. What he did was really bad. But at the end of the day, it’s Material and material get be replaced. Lives can’t. I’m honestly so thankful we had this rivian. I don’t think we would have easily walked away from this sort of crash in a smaller/lighter vehicle.
I've handled vehicular homicide cases in my line of work and feel pretty comfortable saying that the R1T saved your life.

You're going to feel rough for at least the next couple of days. Be sure to get proper orthopedic imaging and care. Keep an eye on your kid to make sure he's not symptomatic.

(Oh, and if you need legal advice on how to proceed with any of it, I practice in Georgia and would be happy to help.)

Dgephri

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Occupation
Finance-Real Estate
Clubs

safety first! Glad it didn't hurt you. And then...pick up that caliper as a memento of Riv V1.0? ;)

OP
OP

rivianUGA

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon
I've handled vehicular homicide cases in my line of work and feel pretty comfortable saying that the R1T saved your life.

You're going to feel rough for at least the next couple of days. Be sure to get proper orthopedic imaging and care. Keep an eye on your kid to make sure he's not symptomatic.

(Oh, and if you need legal advice on how to proceed with any of it, I practice in Georgia and would be happy to help.)
thanks!

Tahoe Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
That's very similar to the small overlap frontal crash IIHS does, which is a basically a torture test. Rivian scored Good on that (top). That's got to be totaled, just grateful you're both okay and walked away.

Sponsored

SDH

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE; Jeep Rubicon
no way you buff those marks out!

My advice, sue the ass of the idiot who crashed into you. That should pay for a new R1

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Holy moly - I'm glad you are both ok!

Tahoe Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
Are you in a fault state? Do you have full coverage? I would consider having your own insurance deal with everything, have them go after his insurance via subrogation.

Sponsored

OP
OP

rivianUGA

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon
Are you in a fault state? Do you have full coverage? I would consider having your own insurance deal with everything, have them go after his insurance via subrogation.
i am in GA. Not sure about the fault rules. Already submitted stuff to progressive tonight. I had full coverage. Hopefully this all goes smoothly.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

SoCalTravels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Nexo, Lexus RX450h
With all the windshield talk, I’m surprised your windshield didn’t break/crack in this accident.

monzarottie

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, MB Sprinter 4x4, R2 Reservation
Occupation
Retired
Wow. That had to be scary. I'm glad you and your son were able to walk away from that carnage. Any chance you have Rivian (Nationwide) Insurance? 🤞🏻 One huge benefit is jumping to the front of the line for a replacement vehicle in the event of a catastrophic accident like this.

ksujeff99

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Financial Services
I hope RJ sends some donuts to Friday morning’s structural engineering stand up. Nice job guys. Pat yourselves on the back.

Glad you’re ok, OP. Good luck with your recovery. I remember how bad a crash hurt in my 20s. I dare think what it would feel like now at double the age.

And thanks for sharing. I think we all feel a bit safer living vicariously through you right now.
Sponsored