Sponsored

Am I being picky or does the stitching on my steering wheel just look terrible

freejack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, Rivian R1S
I had originally accepted this as normal until my daughter asked me this morning why it looked so bad. Compared it with photos of other Rivians and they all appear to be manufactured well. Am I being ridiculous or does the stitching look like it was done by a 5yo?

Rivian R1T R1S Am I being picky or does the stitching on my steering wheel just look terrible IMG-3216

Rivian R1T R1S Am I being picky or does the stitching on my steering wheel just look terrible IMG-3215
Sponsored

JWreck

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (pre-ordered, Audi RS5 Sportback
Occupation
IT
It does look a little jankyā€¦hereā€™s our loaner R1T.
Rivian R1T R1S Am I being picky or does the stitching on my steering wheel just look terrible IMG_2334

OP
OP

freejack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, Rivian R1S
Thanks. That looks leagues better. I couldnā€™t even identify the pattern since itā€™s so inconsistent.

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I think its pretty painless for the service depart to switch out steering wheels so I don't think you'd have much issues in getting them to do a swap.

My steering wheel was switched due to the heater part not working on the lower half.

I'm still not happy with the heated performance aspects, but apparently all Rivians have heated steering wheels that run a bit cool. Like around 85-90F or so versus around 100F of the heated Steering wheel in my Jeep Wrangler.

tk21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Military
Clubs

I have been debating writing up mine. Can see the leather seams opening up in 7-8 places

Sponsored

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
That doesn't look good. I would put in a ticket if it were my vehicle.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I have been debating writing up mine. Can see the leather seams opening up in 7-8 places
mine has ben like that since day one, with bubbles on the back. They did a mobile appointment to swap it our and it took all of 10 minutes.

tk21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Military
Clubs

mine has ben like that since day one, with bubbles on the back. They did a mobile appointment to swap it our and it took all of 10 minutes.
Itā€™s going in for service in a week so will add it to the list. Thanks

Riptide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Frontier
Occupation
Fire & Rescue
Clubs

Yeah yours looks rushed. My wifeā€™s 2023 Honda Civic has the same style stitching and looks much better.

Rivian R1T R1S Am I being picky or does the stitching on my steering wheel just look terrible IMG_4598
Sponsored