First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
A video of what? You slide them in and slide them out. They fit in the gear tunnel. I had to figure out in which order each panel fit best for my truck. First attempt my tail gate was off a touch on the drivers side when closed. Removed and replaced in a different order and it worked perfectly. I marked them so I would know which order to install them. When the tailgate is closed, they are very solid. This is the best solution for me. I thought it would bother me taking out the panels, but I really rarely need to take them out to put stuff in the back. The bed is not that big. The truck seems complete with a tonneau cover on it.
They didn't even label the order in which panels would go in? No pull cord attached to the panels so you can pull them out all together? Are they real carbon fiber panels? Tongue and groove? No info whatsoever!

BendR1S

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, Subaru Outback
They didn't even label the order in which panels would go in? No pull cord attached to the panels so you can pull them out all together? Are they real carbon fiber panels? Tongue and groove? No info whatsoever!
This is the info we need!

OP
OP

MCA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Retired
I now know why your handle is windblow. The panels are all the same size. (Approximately). I thought I would share this with the forum members. I think this is an option other than the soft cover EV1 is producing. I prefer the hard cover to the soft. You can contact the seller with your question. Just so you know you can pull out all 3 panels from the side of your truck. Unless your to short.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

A video of what? You slide them in and slide them out. They fit in the gear tunnel. I had to figure out in which order each panel fit best for my truck. First attempt my tail gate was off a touch on the drivers side when closed. Removed and replaced in a different order and it worked perfectly. I marked them so I would know which order to install them. When the tailgate is closed, they are very solid. This is the best solution for me. I thought it would bother me taking out the panels, but I really rarely need to take them out to put stuff in the back. The bed is not that big. The truck seems complete with a tonneau cover on it.
Video of precisely that...

Sponsored

seanocono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Plaid, Tesla Model Y Performance
Clubs

Thanks for sharing, OP. Your truck looks awesome!

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

There's a manual tonneau cover available!?!
I was just thinking the other day somebody needed to design a Carbon Fiber Tonneau Cover for the R1T!

Does it keep your bed dry in rain/snow?

R1T Preds Fan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Warehouse Management
This is the factory looking solution weā€™ve been waiting for and likely made of better materials! It looks great and sounds like it functions exactly how Rivians phantom manual cover wouldā€¦ Great looking truck!!!

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

Sponsored

ElCapiTan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mustang
Occupation
Computer Janitor
The weblink does not inspire confidence for me. At the price of 1k with a delay to make a custom order, I'll continue waiting for more reviews and other possible options.

But OP's truck does look good, so I'll be watching.

seanocono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Plaid, Tesla Model Y Performance
Clubs

The weblink does not inspire confidence for me. At the price of 1k with a delay to make a custom order, I'll continue waiting for more reviews and other possible options.

But OP's truck does look good, so I'll be watching.
The spartan website doesn't bother me. The fabricator could be exceptionally talented, but have no understanding of how to make a proper website. For me, that's not a big deal. However, I do think there should be more information on the materials, a video of how it functions, and an email address connecting with someone who can answer questions.

Regardless, I am happy to see more attractive options available. As others have mentioned, the tail lidz tonneau looks great on OP's truck.

The recent uptick in tonneau discussion, and ingenuity, has me hopeful that Rivian understand how important it is to produce working tonneau covers for their existing, and prospective, customers.

OP
OP

MCA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Retired
I was just thinking the other day somebody needed to design a Carbon Fiber Tonneau Cover for the R1T!

Does it keep your bed dry in rain/snow?
I havenā€™t been in the rain or snow yet. Just received them Friday February 23. Iā€™ll let you know when It happens. Thanks.

OP
OP

MCA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Retired
The spartan website doesn't bother me. The fabricator could be exceptionally talented, but have no understanding of how to make a proper website. For me, that's not a big deal. However, I do think there should be more information on the materials, a video of how it functions, and an email address connecting with someone who can answer questions.

Regardless, I am happy to see more attractive options available. As others have mentioned, the tail lidz tonneau looks great on OP's truck.

The recent uptick in tonneau discussion, and ingenuity, has me hopeful that Rivian understand how important it is to produce working tonneau covers for their existing, and prospective, customers.
I took a chance ordering the tonneau cover. I had faith my credit card company would take care of problems if needed. Iā€™m glad I did it. I emailed to see what the lead time was and Brian got right back to me. Hereā€™s his info if you want to contact him and share info with the forum. mailto:[email protected]

Thanks