Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla model s, lexus gs 350 f sport, toyota corolla
Occupation
lawyer
Clubs

Good evening

1). To those that have received their all weather floor mats, is the general consensus still that there are gaps around the edges (meaning they do not fit tight against the edges)?

2). If that is the case and you had to decide again, would you still get them, or wait for after market to come out from some place like weathertech?

Any feedback would be appreciated. I think my delivery time frame is coming up (fingers crossed) and currently have them in my configuration. Just trying to figure out if I should keep them on the list or save myself the money for aftermarket.

Thank you as always

Adam
Sponsored

s12dxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE - LA Silver
Clubs

Good evening

1). To those that have received their all weather floor mats, is the general consensus still that there are gaps around the edges (meaning they do not fit tight against the edges)?

2). If that is the case and you had to decide again, would you still get them, or wait for after market to come out from some place like weathertech?

Any feedback would be appreciated. I think my delivery time frame is coming up (fingers crossed) and currently have them in my configuration. Just trying to figure out if I should keep them on the list or save myself the money for aftermarket.

Thank you as always

Adam
1. Yeah they don’t fit perfectly to the edges, however they are much nicer than the all weather mats I had in my Tacoma. However they aren’t weather tech level.

2. I like them because they match the truck colors and are overall good quality. I’d buy them again for sure.

If weather tech comes out with some I may consider those, depending on how these hold up and protect the carpet.

OP
OP
abirozy

abirozy

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla model s, lexus gs 350 f sport, toyota corolla
Occupation
lawyer
Clubs

1. Yeah they don’t fit perfectly to the edges, however they are much nicer than the all weather mats I had in my Tacoma. However they aren’t weather tech level.

2. I like them because they match the truck colors and are overall good quality. I’d buy them again for sure.

If weather tech comes out with some I may consider those, depending on how these hold up and protect the carpet.
Thanks for the info.

ranieri

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90 T8
Occupation
photographer, real estate agent
After seeing the fit and quality of the rivian mats, I'm going to wait for weathertech to start producing their liners. I removed the rivian mats from my order last week.

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Someone in the Chicago area needs to drive their R1T over to weathertech for a measurement. I assume they will give you free mats in exchange for the effort.

At projected Rivian production levels I doubt R1T is a priority for weathertech. But I hope they would not turn down an easy measurement of the truck.

Sponsored

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Weathertech already has mats for the Lucid. I'm sure they will have them for Rivians as soon as get their hand on one to measure.

Brian

ranieri

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90 T8
Occupation
photographer, real estate agent
I have been in touch with Weathertech. They got their hand on an R1T last week. Not sure how long it'll take to produce mats though.

Hopefully they'll get an R1S just as quickly.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Good evening

Thank you as always

Adam
In SoCa? I wouldn’t bother 😂

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
I have been in touch with Weathertech. They got their hand on an R1T last week. Not sure how long it'll take to produce mats though.

Hopefully they'll get an R1S just as quickly.
Based on past experience they may have R1T mats by next winter

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

In SoCa? I wouldn’t bother 😂
We may not have much in the way of mud. (That takes rain or water or something, right? It’s been so long I can’t remember.) However, if you spend time at the beach, desert, or mountains then solid mats catch all of the sand, dust, gravel, and dirt you track in.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
We may not have much in the way of mud. (That takes rain or water or something, right? It’s been so long I can’t remember.) However, if you spend time at the beach, desert, or mountains then solid mats catch all of the sand, dust, gravel, and dirt you track in.
The included mats seem nice for that sort of general use but fair point. Obviously while im not in Southern California, it doesn’t rain much here anymore either. I use rubber mats year round just because they’re easier than carpet

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

The included mats seem nice for that sort of general use but fair point. Obviously while im not in Southern California, it doesn’t rain much here anymore either. I use rubber mats year round just because they’re easier than carpet
Yeah, same here. They aren’t a necessity but they make cleanup a lot easier than with carpet mats.

I haven’t seen a production Rivian or the Chiliwich mats but I’m assuming they have a solid back with a mesh type surface like Chiliwich placemats. I picture sand dust, and grit getting trapped in the mesh. We’re heading to the Venice hub in a little over a week so hopefully I’ll get to see stock LE/Adventure mats then.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yeah, same here. They aren’t a necessity but they make cleanup a lot easier than with carpet mats.

I haven’t seen a production Rivian or the Chiliwich mats but I’m assuming they have a solid back with a mesh type surface like Chiliwich placemats. I picture sand dust, and grit getting trapped in the mesh. We’re heading to the Venice hub in a little over a week so hopefully I’ll get to see stock LE/Adventure mats then.
From what I’ve seen the chiliwich mats clean up very easily, haven’t dealt with it first hand of course.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

From what I’ve seen the chiliwich mats clean up very easily, haven’t dealt with it first hand of course.
I really like the look of the Chiliwich mats so if they’re practical for our use then I’d consider dropping the all weather mats.

We had a Jaguar XJ SuperV8 which came with plush wool mats. They looked and felt fantastic but I quickly realized that sneakers and rubber-soled boots would pull out the wool fibers, so I got regular low-pile synthetic carpet mats. That experience made me concerned the Chiliwich could be equally fussy in a different way so I thought the rubber ones would make life easier for a relatively low cost.

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
Was notified that no "all weather mats" until Late this fall...they're coming s00n....to funny.
Sponsored