First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
Sooo I got my cargo bars and all weather floor mats yesterday and I am sad to report that the floor mats Rivian logo is all black now and not yellow... I know it's a small thing but I really wanted the mats with the yellow logo
Sponsored

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
They have been like this for a few months now, so it shouldn't have been a shock when they arrived. Rivian also sent out emails a while ago highlighting this fact.

OP
OP
johstacy

johstacy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
They have been like this for a few months now, so it shouldn't have been a shock when they arrived. Rivian also sent out emails a while ago highlighting this fact.
If they sent an email out I totally missed it.. It's a bummer but not the end of the world... however I am actually curious as to why they made the change.. It can't be for cost savings could it?

evguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1S LE; '18 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Law
I didn't get the email they sent but I remember seeing it somewhere on this forum. If I recall, Rivian was having trouble with production volume or quality for the yellow logo, so they switched to all black. My impression was the switch was temporary until they could fix the production issue but who knows. The floormats for my R1S arrived last week and they were all black, too.

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
If they sent an email out I totally missed it.. It's a bummer but not the end of the world... however I am actually curious as to why they made the change.. It can't be for cost savings could it?
They stated it was due to a production issue or something along those lines.

I got the wife’s Cricut out and made some vinyl decals for my all black mats. They’re holding up well, but definitely will not take a lot of abuse…we are careful around the logo.

Rivian R1T R1S All weather floor mats logos are black FD67D0B1-6402-494F-95C3-03B101927F22

Rivian R1T R1S All weather floor mats logos are black A0D34184-C4F3-4D1C-BF71-73DC2A28E654

Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
While I did get the email I find it surprising that the gear shop still shows them with the yellow logos.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
It‘s much faster to make them one colour. One shot moulding.

Also, yes, probably a little cheaper.

Ravenron

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer/Retired Military
Last edited:

Sponsored

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
From another post, @jebinc used a yellow paint pen for tire lettering and it looks good. I bought the recommended pen and it worked well for me...I applied a few coats and it seems to be holding up well. I'll see if I can get a pic and post.
Rivian Yellow Emblem 1.jpg
Rivian Yellow Emblem 2.jpg
Rivian Yellow Emblem 3.jpg
@jebinc approves of your fine work!

OP
OP
johstacy

johstacy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT

Ravenron

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Nice very Nice
Thank you...Not quite as good as having them manufactured with the yellow but seems a good option in the absence of color...

OP
OP
johstacy

johstacy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
Thank you...Not quite as good as having them manufactured with the yellow but seems a good option in the absence of color...
I doubt anyone is going to look closely enough to realize it's not factory it's the accent and color that really add to it. besides they will be in aww of the rest of the truck to pay any close attention to the floor mats.

Ravenron

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I doubt anyone is going to look closely enough to realize it's not factory it's the accent and color that really add to it. besides they will be in aww of the rest of the truck to pay any close attention to the floor mats.
Well, then give it a try...here's the link @jebinc posted for the pen itself. All kudos to @jebinc as this was his idea and I think it was a good one!

Tire Ink | Paint Pen for Car Tires | Permanent and Waterproof | Carwash Safe (1 Pen, Yellow) https://a.co/d/8YhNmuW
Sponsored