OP
RforRivian

RforRivian

Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 4Runner, 2014 Equinox
I notice that at 1:36 in the video you see some type of suction mounted device that appears (to me at least) to be llive-monitoring various data points from the truck. Also, the bezel of the instrument cluster screen in this particular truck is silver. In every other picture I've seen it it's been black. Other than that I don't see much else.
Screenshot_20200728-104738~2.jpg
Screenshot_20200728-103821~2.jpg

Jehorton

First Name
James
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150
Occupation
Firefighter
Love the fact you can lower ride height For efficiency

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagon; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2009 Toyota Prius
At 1:42, there's a low angle shot of the driver's door and what looks like an air curtain at the back of the wheel arch and is that a rockrail below the door? I recall an air curtain when I saw the R1T at Mill Valley, but there were no rock or side rails. Or am I misinterpreting what I'm seeing?

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
At 1:42, there's a low angle shot of the driver's door and what looks like an air curtain at the back of the wheel arch and is that a rockrail below the door? I recall an air curtain when I saw the R1T at Mill Valley, but there were no rock or side rails. Or am I misinterpreting what I'm seeing?

The air curtain is definitely there.. I went back to the video of the families coloring the truck and at the 40-41 second mark you can also see the air curtain barely.... I'm not as convinced that you are seeing rock rails though..... that just looks like the black body cladding that is in the other videos as well. Not sure how protective that cladding is... it looks like a plastic but I haven't seen it in person.

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagon; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2009 Toyota Prius
Yes, now when I look at pictures of either R1T or R1S, there's a slightly bulging plastic something or other visible which is probably the case for the battery pack, not a rock or side rail. My bad. I'm getting excited with recent news and seeing things that aren't there.

electruck

Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volvo XC60
Yes, now when I look at pictures of either R1T or R1S, there's a slightly bulging plastic something or other visible which is probably the case for the battery pack, not a rock or side rail.
Unrelated to battery pack, that plastic trim is actually part of the door.

icfMHMltPoMfAhbUKI8jv_ozg=w1583-h890-no?authuser=0.jpg

skyote

Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps & 2500HD Duramax
I do hope there is a rock rail option to protect the aluminum body.