First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Environmental Engineer
My truck is currently in the Service Centre for a 12v issue. While it is there, I'm considering asking them to complete an alignment with the suspension on the LOW setting.

Reasons for:
  • Bit better efficiency all the time
  • I only need the clearance from Standard height if there's a fair amount of snow on the ground, or if I'm on gravel / off-road
  • Easier entry/exit (I don't like Kneel mode)
  • Just enough lower to more easily reach my ski box
  • Would allow me to run LOW without uneven wear on my tires (the obvious one, but thought I'd include it!)
  • Trailer tows more level (and my current WDH has an unfortunate gap in height adjustment that doesn't allow me to get it as level in Standard)
  • In theory, should allow me to run in Lowest when on the highway in Conserve (or when I occasionally want to use Sport) without excessive wear on tires
Reasons against:
  • Likely to cost $
  • Standard height has better suspension compliance on bumpy paved roads
  • Increased wear when using High setting
    • But, I think likely mitigated by the fact that I have only used High so far in deep snow and rougher gravel / off-road situations; all of which are unlikely to cause undue wear from alignment considering the road surface
  • Others??
Note: this post elsewhere implies that Rivian uses a special diagnostic mode when completing an alignment that may not be at Standard suspension height, so perhaps my query is moot? Can anyone else corroborate this?

Thanks for any input!
Sponsored

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
If at SC I speculate they will not re-align outside of their production spec for warranty reasons.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

They will not do this.

When RSC goes to align an R1, they use their diagnostic software to enter an "alignment readiness height" which I was told is a precision standard ride height. This setting ensures each corner is within 1-2mm tolerance, all around. Once the leveling is complete, they begin their alignment procedure.

If you want your vehicle to be aligned at LOW, you'll need to have a 3rd party shop complete your alignment.

usofrob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3, lotus Elise
Occupation
MBSE
I've considered this as well, but I don't have my Rivian yet. I'll be very interested to see how it works out for you (if you try). Good luck! :)

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S alignment on LOW at SC? PXL_20220520_031156970_2 (1)
Sponsored