Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

My truck was in for service last week. Today, I noticed the truck pulls to the right pretty strong. I don’t know what service would have done, but I also notice all of my wheels had blue stickers on them after I got it back. Before service, alignment was great.

Should I bring it to Rivian’s attention or just take it to a tire place for alignment?
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Why can't they figure out how to do an alignment?

OP
OP
Ladiver

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Why can't they figure out how to do an alignment?
I would assume they could, but my big concern is what did they do that would have messed it up?

the service center is so busy right now, I think they are rushing to get trucks through. I am not satisfied with the work performed on my truck. Rather than doing it right, they did it “good enough”.

cbuckley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
From reading posts on here by people way more familiar with the technical and mechanical components of this truck than me, it sounds like a "regular" tire shop will probably have issues being able to properly tackle the alignment on your R1T.

Someone posted the detailed specs of his alignment but I can not remember the thread title.

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I would expect any competent shop could handle an alignment. What I'm not yet sure about with Rivian is whether this might also require recalibration of things like steering angle sensors used for lane centering, Driver+, etc that your average alignment shop would not be equipped to do.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Mine sometimes feels out of alignment, but then when i let off the accelerator the regen pulls it straight. I almost wonder if one of the motors isn't synced....no clue if that's even possible.

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
I had service look at mine because I swear it pulls to the right. It was kinda intermittent. They supposedly worked on it. I see no appreciable difference.

My current hypothesis is the steering system needs engineering attention, it isnt as tight as the rest of the truck. IMO its very truck-like but my Rivian in general looks like a truck and drives like a sports sedan. A sports sedan with mediocre steering feel ;)

Inthedmv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, Launch Green R1T
My truck was delivered out of alignment. Finally got it to the SC and they aligned it. I have the report and it confirms everything that was out of spec. However, after I got it back it pulled to the right even worse than before. It is now back at the SC and I am waiting to hear what the diagnosis is.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Mine sometimes feels out of alignment, but then when i let off the accelerator the regen pulls it straight. I almost wonder if one of the motors isn't synced....no clue if that's even possible.
I was curious if that was the issue as well rather than alignment.

Sponsored

CGM55082

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
PR
My truck was in for service last week. Today, I noticed the truck pulls to the right pretty strong. I don’t know what service would have done, but I also notice all of my wheels had blue stickers on them after I got it back. Before service, alignment was great.

Should I bring it to Rivian’s attention or just take it to a tire place for alignment?
Curious what service center did the alignment? I have had El Segundo align my truck three times now and it still isn't any different than when I first received the truck. It tracks straight but the steering wheel is tilted to the left when driving in a straight line. It could have to do with the fact that my truck is always about an inch higher on the driver's side than passenger side (another issue El Segundo service said they fixed, but did not). Love the truck and the service agents themselves have been outstanding, but the service execution has been abysmal. The last time in, service left me a nice souvenir in the form of a gouge in my paint down to the metal on the door sill.

jrgutier

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

I'm in the same boat. Been in and out of SC because alignment is crazy since the first time they returned it. Looking at the suspension values and the roll angle, it seems as if it is leaning into any grade in the road. I assume this would cause the pull to the right to happen, and the actual behavior should be the opposite (lift the side that is canted so that it seems level and straight), unless turning.

Rivian R1T R1S Alignment after service 1659390959668

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

If you're going for alignment issues, at least in Bellevue, their tech is 👌
That is good to hear. They are Trucking my truck there because PDX doesn't have the proper equipment.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Curious what service center did the alignment? I have had El Segundo align my truck three times now and it still isn't any different than when I first received the truck. It tracks straight but the steering wheel is tilted to the left when driving in a straight line. It could have to do with the fact that my truck is always about an inch higher on the driver's side than passenger side (another issue El Segundo service said they fixed, but did not). Love the truck and the service agents themselves have been outstanding, but the service execution has been abysmal. The last time in, service left me a nice souvenir in the form of a gouge in my paint down to the metal on the door sill.
Nice people and bad service is a rough combo. Makes leaving honest reviews very difficult.

I am curious how much of this is the software and how much (or how many cases) just mechanical. Has anyone whose issue was resolved was told it was a motor in a specific driving mode that didn’t have the correct RPM or torque? Because if this is part of the problem, your average mechanic may not be able to solve it.

SACDFJC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ40
This thread is making me want to just live with my truck pulling to the right until they figure this one out. ;) It pulls, but I'm getting used to it and I can't imagine how I'd respond after multiple failed attempts at an alignment.
Sponsored