Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, R1S LE Canyon Red
Open lift gate works most reliably.

Open charge door also works well.

Show navigation screen is helpful.
Sometime when I say open trunk, it gives me some famous quote by Trump. Not kidding, about 25% of the time.
Sponsored

R1S88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Is Alexa getting dumber? The "show navigation screen" command that worked reliably now does not. It stopped working after the last vehicle update, but I would guess this is a coincidence. I wish there was a way to train Alexa for the Rivian.

R1S88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

100% right. Wouldn’t give those companies more reasons to make money off us by selling our privacy
Can I ask in a very polite way that this thread remain a discussion of Alexa use? There are other threads to discuss your feelings about voice assistants and the privacy implications. Thanks.

EVfanboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Tesla MY
Occupation
Healthcare
Clubs

Oh and, regardless of setting up Alexa, why doesn't it know where the truck is when I ask for directions? Isn't GPS awareness like the most basic feature a system like this should possess? Truly bizarre. When I first got the truck (brand new) Alexa seemed to think I was in California. I'd ask for directions to a local place to me and it'd give me a route that started like 3000 miles away lol. So stupid.
You have to turn location services on in the Alexa App

Reactions: VSG

Jamieskitele

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6, 2008 BMW 135i
Occupation
Medical
I dont use Alexa often but I do wish I could say "Alexa fold mirrors" as I find it hard to easily fold the mirrors before driving into my garage.

Is this a skill I can "train" Alexa to help with?

Are there any shortcuts to fold the mirrors? Its hard to align the truck, open the garage and fold the mirrors without it taking too long and fumbling through screens. All while letting all that battery-preserving heat out of my garage.

Sponsored

Eticket99

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, XC60 T8
I can't even get Alexa to respond to Hey Alexa... stopped after the last update. Anyone know the secret sauce?

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I can't even get Alexa to respond to Hey Alexa... stopped after the last update. Anyone know the secret sauce?
Seems like it was buggy the last time I drove my Rivian.

Ngkgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
It was buggy for a minute but it seems to be working fine for me now. I use it a lot.

OP
OP
W1SE

W1SE

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Bronco, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
Branch manager
Clubs

The Alexa icon on the top of the infotainment was greyed out. I needed to do a soft reset. It came back alive.
Sponsored