Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
Interesting you can turn on/off and adjust the heated seats, but not the cooling/ventilation?

Zac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Acura MDX
Clubs

Can you ask Alexa to set the drive mode, ride height, or regen? I asked the guy when we test drive and he had no idea.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Can you ask Alexa to set the drive mode, ride height, or regen? I asked the guy when we test drive and he had no idea.
No. Most things that could impact how you drive won't be available. Think about the rear passengers yelling Alexa commands and changing you to Off-Road Rally while merging onto the highway. If you have kids like mine, you'll be SOOO happy that this is the case!

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Yes, via Alexa.

You can use Bluetooth if you want, but Alexa will play Amazon Music through her skill without even having a phone connected and provide much better quality if you pay for the HD option.
i was told that as a follow up to my Venice hub visit. Good to see other services as well. SXM via Alexa will help ease the pain of not having an actual SXM radio in the vehicle but does require good cell service.

Sponsored

Rivian_Hugh_III

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Infiniti EX35
Could it be that Rivian signed a secret agreement with Amazon to make Alexa the exclusive electronic assistant in the Rivian until a date certain? This could explain why no CarPlay.

Honestly, I don't have Alexa, I don't think I've said "Alexa, ..." in my life and I like it that way. Rivian will make me break the seal on that.

And if, "Alexa, add [item] to grocery list" adds the item to an Amazon grocery list that syncs with other Alexa devices and an Amazon cloud list somewhere... well I may be tempted to jump in with both feet.

Schrewd

Last edited:

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Could it be that Rivian signed a secret agreement with Amazon to make Alexa the exclusive electronic assistant in the Rivian until a date certain? This could explain why no CarPlay.

Honestly, I don't have Alexa, I don't think I've ever said "Alexa,..." in my life. I like it that way. But my Rivian will make me break the seal on that.

And if, "Alexa, add [item] to grocery list" adds the item to an Amazon grocery list that syncs with other Alexa devices and an Amazon cloud list somewhere... well I may be tempted to jump in with both feet.

Schrewd
Would it help if you could change the "Alexa" name prompt to Siri?

I don't know how these device things work, I'm coming from a 2000 Land Rover and a Pixel 1...

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
No. Most things that could impact how you drive won't be available. Think about the rear passengers yelling Alexa commands and changing you to Off-Road Rally while merging onto the highway. If you have kids like mine, you'll be SOOO happy that this is the case!
Interesting. Technically the truck can figure out there's no passengers so it should/could allow voice-activated drive-mode changes by the driver. That would be useful given how clumsy it is to change drive modes via screen UI.

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired

Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, VW ID.4, R1S on preorder
Clubs

Can you turn off the alexa "always on" mic and make her be driven by a steering wheel button instead of saying "Hey Alexa?"

I despise always on microphones, but like voice controls

Sponsored

R1T7777

First Name
CaliSurfer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Propagandist
Wow - thanks, that's really helpful. I'm assuming you need to log into your Amazon account as well for all of this to work? If that's the case, can I also use Alexa in my house for climate control or to check battery levels? There was a 3rd party app that allowed this for my Tesla - I could ask Alexa to warm up my car or ask what the charge status was, which was pretty handy (not that opening the app was any sort of massive burden).
Anyone with Alexa know if I can ask my Google Assiyto tell Alexa to do things, or would I have to get some sort of Alexa device?

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Can you turn off the alexa "always on" mic and make her be driven by a steering wheel button instead of saying "Hey Alexa?"

I despise always on microphones, but like voice controls
Yes.

buddha2lotus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model s
Occupation
physician
i was told that as a follow up to my Venice hub visit. Good to see other services as well. SXM via Alexa will help ease the pain of not having an actual SXM radio in the vehicle but does require good cell service.
From experience, streaming XM sounds much better than using actual XM in cars. The satellite signal just can’t provide the same amount of fidelity as cellular.