Air compressor running frequency

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
I've been having an issue with my air compressor running on its own somewhat frequently. While I have a service request in (and my appt isn't for another two weeks), I'm curious if this is normal behavior or not. Does anybody else experience their air compressor running after you've completed a drive? I'm having it happen more and more frequently. Basically I go for a drive, get home and park the truck, and I hear the compressor running, and it continues for 15-20 seconds. Sometimes I'll get in the truck and the compressor just starts running. All of this can and does happen even when I'm not changing ride height or stiffness. I'm wondering if there may be a leak in the air system somewhere, or maybe it's due to the changing weather (cooler, more damp) that has come in over the past few days
Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
If my truck has been sitting all week (its not my daily)...then when I first get in it the compressor runs for maybe 30 seconds. Then I don't hear it again...at least not with the vehicle stopped.

Aroohoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Some have written about similar situations. I think one of them they had a small leak in the air bag. Once that was replaced, the co.oressor wasn't duty cycling.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

This began for me after the latest update. I also tested camp level mode and got a Service Suspension Soon warning, that went away after 20 minutes, the next day during some Forest Road driving.

Two weeks since my ticket, clarified issues over the phone and no SC call yet.

LungDoc

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (on order)
Occupation
Physician
I’ve had same issue with R1S. Turned off kneel mode (I’m short and recovering from knee surgery) and auto height. Still turns on when driving and almost every time I start a drive (I’ve never had it sit for more than a day). Now won’t achieve Max height on Off-Road mode. Scheduled for maintenance visit end of month.
Sponsored