Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln MKZ Hybrid, Jeep Wrangler JKU
Occupation
Classic Auto Finance
Clubs

great idea !!! will contact CS tomorrow
Well they said that they can not determine what configuration you will get for a mobile drive....boooo
Sponsored

Ginny

First Name
Ginny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 escalade ext, 2019 corvette
Occupation
retired
You can't drive the trucks in Venice and they only have 2 of them. I was there on the first day.

No reason to make excuses for them. They could easily come up with a new drive plan. It's not that hard. I guarantee anyone who was going out to drive the truck would still go even if the off road section was closed.
I live near the event and with all the heavy rain we had in the area ,it could have been difficult to get there with road closures. Very rural area.. just sayin.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
I live near the event and with all the heavy rain we had in the area ,it could have been difficult to get there with road closures. Very rural area.. just sayin.
Agua Dolce Airpark? Itā€™s right off the 14 freeway. We film out there all the time. Never had a problem getting lots of people and equipment out there.

Did some of the roads collapse or something?

Ginny

First Name
Ginny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 escalade ext, 2019 corvette
Occupation
retired
Agua Dolce Airpark? Itā€™s right off the 14 freeway. We film out there all the time. Never had a problem getting lots of people and equipment out there.

Did some of the roads collapse or something?
Don't know. Just an observation as to possible reason.

Sponsored

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Bummer about March 1, 2022.

Last edited:

doozenberg

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜18 Model 3, ā€˜22 Model Y, R1S reservation holder
Occupation
Physician
They
Random question but could anyone that has experience with the R1T in person speak to the carpeting material? I've never owned a premium vehicle (Ford, Honda, Subaru only) and always wished the carpeting was better quality. Will my R1T be about the same, marginally better, or far better? Thanks in advance I doubt I will get to see one in person before it shows up in my driveway.
They call it Chilewich? Whatever that means

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
They brought one of the truck to my house today. Got to take a nice long drive on the freeway and around my neighborhood. It was way better than the event drive would have been. I got to test everything I wanted to test.

The UI was very snappy and I didn't experience any lag. Everything worked well on the truck.

Can confirm the camera resolution is poor. Not a deal breaker, but definitely a bummer.

After seeing the blue in person again, I'm definitely considering it. It's a really great color.

Rivian R1T R1S Agua Dulce LA First Drive Event Impressions & Reactions (w/ Videos & Photos) IMG_4859.JPG

Sponsored

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
They brought one of the truck to my house today. Got to take a nice long drive on the freeway and around my neighborhood. It was way better than the event drive would have been. I got to test everything I wanted to test.

The UI was very snappy and I didn't experience any lag. Everything worked well on the truck.

Can confirm the camera resolution is poor. Not a deal breaker, but definitely a bummer.

After seeing the blue in person again, I'm definitely considering it. It's a really great color.

IMG_4859.JPG
How was it on the freeway and neighborhood driving? Living in SoCal means a lot of freeway driving, not so much off-road.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
How was it on the freeway and neighborhood driving? Living in SoCal means a lot of freeway driving, not so much off-road.
great on the freeway. As fast (or faster) as my tesla. They have clearly engineered the feeling of lightness in to a very heavy vehicle. Itā€™s also got a lot of different modes and then 3-4 settings within each one. So you can dial it in to your Liking.

the only thing I was a little surprised by was how heavy the regen is in standard mode. Itā€™s much heavier than a Tesla and thereā€™s even a heavier setting. I wouldnā€™t be surprised if they add a lighter setting at some point.

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Bummer about March 1, 2022.

Last edited:
Reactions: Max

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

great on the freeway. As fast (or faster) as my tesla. They have clearly engineered the feeling of lightness in to a very heavy vehicle. Itā€™s also got a lot of different modes and then 3-4 settings within each one. So you can dial it in to your Liking.

the only thing I was a little surprised by was how heavy the regen is in standard mode. Itā€™s much heavier than a Tesla and thereā€™s even a heavier setting. I wouldnā€™t be surprised if they add a lighter setting at some point.
Quick speed and great regen are a perfect combo. Love ā€™em both. ICE generally has neither.

hed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Raptor, Rivian Reservation 13##

That really is a bummer. A good camera, like good cup holders really elevate the ease of use. Likewise the reverse of that could make the truck feel incomplete and a bit of a letdown once the newness wears off.

Hopefully the hardware for the camera is just being held back by software and not an issue with the quality of the camera itself.
Sponsored