First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I just got back as well, a great event though I thought the driving course was shorter then what Sonoma looked like.

They had loads of trucks to drive (that weren't being driven) and my buddy tried to get an extra test drive in but was denied.

Still a great event, photos and videos here (the first couple are from Venice a few weeks ago):

https://photos.app.goo.gl/viMEnwUSydcoRx6L8

On the way out I overhead them saying their next stop was Arizona.
the cameras looked pretty good to me. How were they in person?

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
No, all the driveable trucks had 20s
_
what did you find about that 215 Range? Do you remember at how many percent was that 213 you saw? I assume 260s would be with off road tires and actual off roading and acceleration could lower that. And this was after your ride. Were you the first one on that R1T?

Last edited:
OP
OP

KWeimer711

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 / Genesis
Occupation
Product Marketing
good not great. I’d say as good as they need to be though

Khaneric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
IT
They were average, I will say after my test drive I went into my buddies model 3 and they were vastly better. Salon my wife's Hyundai Santa Fe has better clarity so hopefully it's something they can work on

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Was this video done by one of the forum members? Clearly the guy had very recently watched Doug's review. Hill hold? Check. Go and beat a Ferrari? Check.

It was cool to see the automatic breaking wasn't suicidal like some ADAS.

Last edited:

seventyfour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A couple
Was this video done by one of the forum members? Clearly the guy had very recently watched Doug's review. Hill hold? Check. Go and beat a Ferrari? Check.

It was cool to see the automatic breaking wasn't suicidal like some ADAS.
You could definitely tell who was a forum member there

“And this tonneau is locked out, right?”

“yes they all are.”

“oh how interesting.”

davrow_R1T

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Toyota Siennas
Also just got back from Agua Dulce. Spent two days there with one test drive this morning. Great to see so many R1Ts in person, the colors just aren't the same on the computer. These are the first I've seen in person.

The headrest is not adjustable. It's ok for me (not perfect), but how they expect it to fit people of various heights is beyond me.

Camp kitchen pans and stuff rest in a cork bed. That cork is going to break on its first use, I think.

Tent is quite nice and roomy enough for the two of us.

Had a lot of fun.

Rivian R1T R1S Agua Dulce LA First Drive Event Impressions & Reactions (w/ Videos & Photos) intent

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Just got back from event. I don’t really care about the front facing camera, but it definitely wasn’t great. And that’s being kinda generous ?
I generally don't care about the front one either. If the back one sucks, particularly at night, I'm gonna be bummed. Baseline expectations are my 2018 xc60. My id.4 backup camera is literally useless at night.

seventyfour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A couple
I generally don't care about the front one either. If the back one sucks, particularly at night, I'm gonna be bummed. Baseline expectations are my 2018 xc60. My id.4 backup camera is literally useless at night.
Agreed. Trying to backup at night with a pixelated, laggy camera sucks, and will be worse with a car this size.

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
My wife and I (2 orders) both drove yesterday, overall not that many surprises as I’ve read and seen all the previous experiences. Here are the only things that stood out to me vs expectations:

1. The infotrainment system has many bugs. In one truck, the volume slider didn’t work basically at all, in another Spotify randomly switched from the album we selected to something else. Everything appears to rely on an internet connection and it becomes REALLY laggy when the connection is slow. Reason provided: “pre production”

2. The mapping system is slow to route and even slower to add charging stations on the route. Panning is also slow. It reminds me of those garmin units from 15 years ago. Reason provided “pre production”

3. The space in the center console is smaller than expected. Backpack size is definitely way overselling it.

4. The turning radius is amazingly impressive. My wife didn’t want to drive the off-road course so they took an alternative route and it required a sharp turn to rejoin the main track. The employee said “turn there” and we didn’t think it would make it. My wife said it was no problem at all. My Range Rover Sport and her Explorer & LR4 would not have made the corner. I asked the employee if they had the turning radius yet. He responded “I don’t think that’s a normal thing car company’s publish” that’s the level of knowledge they have. Useless.

5. This thing is FAST. I knew it would be fast but I got it up to nearly 100 mph easily and made the 180 degree turn off the runway no problem. Those are my black rubber trails at the end. I did mean to push it a bit but not quite that much - it’s really quick and handles great.

6. The truck is smaller than I expected. For me, this is a positive. The interior is narrow, but there is ample space both in the front and rear. IMO it’s exactly big enough to where it’s comfortable and space isn’t an issue but without an extra inch anywhere. They definitely did their design research here. Again, as a garage parker and someone that lives in a city, this is a positive to me.

7. Launch Green is awesome and the blue is just as stunning as I thought it would be. The one surprise on colors was that the yellow truck looked way better than I imagined. Not tacky at all. If I was 20 years younger, I’d go yellow.

8. I’m an extreme audiophile. The sound system sounded good. I wish they had a higher quality source available than Spotify and let me close the windows so I could actually rate it properly.

Before attending my wife wasn’t sure about her R1S order. She is now completely sold. I love the vehicle itself but as someone in software, I am dreading having to deal with a subpar, buggy, infotainment system. I know they will update it, but it will undoubtedly be years before it is good.
Sponsored

Last edited: