Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

Now if he just modified the suspension to bounce....
I actually like the look of a few Fuel wheels....these just don't fit...but my custom built wheels should be on Friday and hopefully they do fit....

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
Couldn't agree more. I would hope that the forum members have a sense that I like to joke around a lot. If you don't, please understand I was poking fun at the idea of "pimping out a Rivian".

Everyone is entitled to their own idea of what their Rivian should be, but man oh man, what a way to lay waste to an exceptional, $80K vehicle.

Taco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T R1S
I like the tire look but wheels are bleh. But most of all it LOOKS like it's going to be rubbing anytime you hit a pebble.

Sponsored

M&M

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, BMW E39, and many more...
Occupation
CTO
Those guys are hacks! I worked in the tire industry for several years and had to un-do $h!t like that many times. They don't actually fit the truck, setting aside the fact that I personally don't like the looks; "it clears the back, it rubs the front". Clearly they just want to make the sale and post the "first in the world" video. I cannot understand why they are ok with charging the customer money (and I imagine they stuck it to him) to F-up that new 100K truck? I would pay money to not let those guys near any of my vehicles.

Last edited:

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Fake bead lock bolts...sigh.

In Pennsylvania, that fitment could be failed on State Inspection or written up by the police because the tires extend out past the body/fenders.
As someone who’s only lived in the South, I completely forget that some states require inspections and might actually enforce safety rules on aftermarket modifications. Georgia could probably eliminate our income tax if they started ticketing people for wheels that extend beyond the fenders. 🤣🤣

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

I actually like the look of a few Fuel wheels....these just don't fit...but my custom built wheels should be on Friday and hopefully they do fit....
Got your custom wheels? Looking forward to seeing the result and design.

Notaevfan

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Suburban, Silverado 2500, E39 M5, e34 M5, E36 M3,
Occupation
Home Builder
I'm older now, so factory wheels are more my style, but I can't stand to have wheels tucked inside the fenders. Wheel spacers are a must to get them at least flush. Those are not the best looking wheels but they are not terrible and I would imagine at a normal ride height, would look quite good. Personalizing your vehicle is what drives trends, and has been done since forever, that's why rivian offers 22" wheels and black wheels, that everyone and their mother said looked stupid 15years ago (I personally hate black wheels). People constantly make sacrifices in driving their vehicle in the quest to make it look better, that's part of the fun sometimes. If you are buying a Rivian, you are making sacrifices. Everything on a touchscreen, air suspension, glass roof, low profile tires (yes the 20" option has low profile tires), and a whole lot of features that cheaper vehicles come with, these are sacrifices that every Rivian owner makes to have a "cool" vehicle. And that's great, and all of you are going exploring every weekend and all. But put on wheels that stick out of the fender a whole damn inch, that crosses the line, that's unacceptable, it's downright unsafe. I hope the cops pull them over and give them a fix it ticket.

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Sponsored

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

They look really cool. Combination of rallye and road feel. I’m not able to see the brand. Who made them?
I’m also intrigued about how it will impact your range.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
It’s going to be tough to offer better looking wheels than the six Rivian OEM wheel choices.

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

They look really cool. Combination of rallye and road feel. I’m not able to see the brand. Who made them?
I’m also intrigued about how it will impact your range.
Wheels are like pizza, everyone has a favorite, but I think the Rivian OEM wheels are not appealing at all in anyway.

These are custom forged wheels built by Variant in the USA. 6061-T6 then machined to this design. They weight 3.5lbs less each and have an "adventure" look, which is what I was shooting for. If I wanted a vehicle with AERO wheels I would have purchased a Nissan Leaf 🌿. ;)

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
It’s going to be tough to offer better looking wheels than the six Rivian OEM wheel choices.
Couldn't disagree more. Let's see Rivian offers Black and Polished.... Hhhmm yep that covers it all there as far as options for good looking wheels.

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
Wheels are like pizza, everyone has a favorite, but I think the Rivian OEM wheels are not appealing at all in anyway.

These are custom forged wheels built by Variant in the USA. 6061-T6 then machined to this design. They weight 3.5lbs less each and have an "adventure" look, which is what I was shooting for. If I wanted a vehicle with AERO wheels I would have purchased a Nissan Leaf 🌿. ;)
I think they look great. Exact color I was thinking of to go with LG/FG. I looked at Variants site, they use that design, with some mod, a lot for wheels.
Sponsored