Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Thought of this as I got tire rub on my OEM wheels/tires on lowest setting when crossing the threshold in my driveway this morning. These would probably have ripped the fender right off.
Sponsored

OP
OP
KyleJJ06

KyleJJ06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Blue R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Thought of this as I got tire rub on my OEM wheels/tires on lowest setting when crossing the threshold in my driveway this morning. These would probably have ripped the fender right off.
Yea I was waiting to hear it on the video here. One pothole and that fender is toast.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Rivian R1T R1S Aftermarket Wheels Installed on R1T... 28676022-CF41-4D52-B143-E68C547C6F5D

Sponsored

Speedrye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Commodore, Supra, FJ Cruiser
Unfortunately, the offset in the pictures is the closest the aftermarket currently offers to fitting a Rivian. There are no off-the-shelf offerings that fit yet.

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
So I couldn't stomach the video, anyone actually know what wheels those are...looking for ref of what offset/backspace and size they are so I know how I don't want to do it....

I'm more intune with this look for my "T" when I get it:

Rivian R1T R1S Aftermarket Wheels Installed on R1T... OD-Glossy-High-Roller-twitter.com_

Last edited:

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
In addition to being horribly fit and basically removing any ability to use the 'low' mode, the fact that they stick out an extra inch is also almost assuredly going to reduce range. These wheels are clearly on a truck owned by someone who wants to look like they do adventure-y things but will definitely only be mall crawling. The first time they hit a sizeable bump they're going to rip plastic trim right off the vehicle. Stupid (though I respect everyone's right to stupidity).

Gavinmcc

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
no impact to range or ride at all!!

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Unfortunately, the offset in the pictures is the closest the aftermarket currently offers to fitting a Rivian. There are no off-the-shelf offerings that fit yet.
Tirerack suddenly shows 163 wheels that fit the R1T. Of course every single one of them is going to stick out from the truck, and not actually fit.

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

I wish they would have showed it in the normal or higher ride height settings. Looks like crap in that low setting, but probably could look pretty good in the higher settings.

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
Now if he just modified the suspension to bounce....

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Now if he just modified the suspension to bounce....
I still think it could look pretty good if it were raised up. Clearly, a lowered truck on off-road tires is not appealing. But, if it were raised up, then the offset isn't all that much and the tires won't dominate the wheel wells. Unfortunately, was a customer truck that the youtuber obviously had no clue about and left it in the low setting. Highly doubtful the owner plans to drive it around in that setting. If the owner views this site, hopefully he/she will provide some better photos/video of it in a proper ride height.