First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW eGolf
Occupation
Filmmaker
I'm really proud of this video, it's a review of the aftermarket rack options from Overland Expo last week. There were several R1s on display (I counted at least seven)including the R1S in this thumbnail tricked out by DCE and Ruff Rax which was really sweet. I don't give a favorite in the video, but I have to say I was very impressed with the Ruff Rax (toward the end), and the Range items (at the first). But, all of them had some distinct advantages. Spider, for example, bolts straight through the frame (no drilling) by removing the contact points for the Rivian Racks. Probably not everyone's cup of tea, but they are non destructive and very secure. I was a bit surprised that Thule had a bespoke mounting system for the Rivian, so that could be great for any of us that already use the Thule system. All of the links to the products are in the YouTube description. The R1S roof rack is not ready yet, but I'll keep you posted.

Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

nice to see more options for the R1. I'll be at the CO event in August with my R1S.

WattTruckMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
I'll be at the next Expo in August. I will most likely have my truck in the Xtrusion Overland booth. Looking forward to it!

Sponsored

Hillbilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boat and tractor
Occupation
Hillbilly
I can't help but think that aerodynamics may be better if they mount all their stuff on the inside rails facing the bed as opposed to the exterior rail.

canikony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Tesla Model Y Performance
Thanks for the video. I wish DCE or whoever, would make a more in depth video on how they wire the lights. It sounds like they used a couple different methods (battery in the frunk and battery in the bed). Not wanting to mess with the electronics of the vehicle, it seems like an external battery of sorts it the way to go.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Nice vid, great to see the aftermarket expand for Rivian.

Also glad to finally see that locking tower and remainder attachments from Thule in Mylo’s setup. IIRC, he was the guy who rescued an 18 wheeler with his R1T.

Leaving the entire rack unlocked seems a bit strange whether at ski lots, trailheads, campsites, or the backcountry, let alone the mall.

SJaYx2P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Here is the info for the Thule kit to mount their footpack. Great to see the big brands joining the field but the load ratings are very low.
Sponsored