Sponsored

Aftermarket manual tonneau - anyone know of one in the works?

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

R1T Preds Fan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Warehouse Management
How is this set up holding up? Also, on the Home Depot metal slat could you get away with the 1 1/4” or is the 1 1/2” needed for the clamps to have enough clearance to seat? Looking heavily into the tri-fold set up you did until the factory tonneau comes in…

mmayur

First Name
Mayur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1t
Occupation
engineer
How is this set up holding up? Also, on the Home Depot metal slat could you get away with the 1 1/4” or is the 1 1/2” needed for the clamps to have enough clearance to seat? Looking heavily into the tri-fold set up you did until the factory tonneau comes in…
@R1T Preds Fan its still holding pretty strong so far in 3 months and hasnt moved a bit. I think 11/4 should work too

R1T Preds Fan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Warehouse Management

mmayur

First Name
Mayur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1t
Occupation
engineer
Thanks, not only is it a bit cheaper; but I’m trying to minimize bed contents making contact with the metal slat. As I often carry boxes and bins in the bed at that height! Looks like it’ll also keep total cost around $225 which is certainly the best I’ve seen to hold over until Rivian sorts their tonneau issues! Did you just reuse the factory bolts in the bed?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-1-1-4-in-x-48-in-Zinc-Plated-Punched-Angle-801337/204225757
I ended up using this one

Rivian R1T R1S Aftermarket manual tonneau - anyone know of one in the works? Screenshot 2023-04-14 at 10.15.12 AM

Sponsored

the_mace

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Ford F350 Diesel, Mercedes GLC30
Occupation
CTO
PXL_20230414_175915822.jpg

just installed my tonneau from ev sportline
How was the install (and what was your skill level) and what do you think of the result? Mine arrives tomorrow.

CJ313

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia telluride, ram 1500
Clubs

How was the install (and what was your skill level) and what do you think of the result? Mine arrives tomorrow.
The install was not difficult, took about an hour to install. I watched the installation video while doing it. Overall I'll give the tonneau cover an 8/10.

the_mace

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Ford F350 Diesel, Mercedes GLC30
Occupation
CTO
The install was not difficult, took about an hour to install. I watched the installation video while doing it. Overall I'll give the tonneau cover an 8/10.
Great to here. Where would you think they could do better? I'm coming from a F350 with a cover that's similar from cap world so my expectations arent really that high

deadparadise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Thanks, not only is it a bit cheaper; but I’m trying to minimize bed contents making contact with the metal slat. As I often carry boxes and bins in the bed at that height! Looks like it’ll also keep total cost around $225 which is certainly the best I’ve seen to hold over until Rivian sorts their tonneau issues! Did you just reuse the factory bolts in the bed?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-1-1-4-in-x-48-in-Zinc-Plated-Punched-Angle-801337/204225757
I'm not sure if you've tried this yet, but the 1 1/4” ones didn't work for me as the holes didn't line up with the ones in the bed. Had to return them and get the 1 1/2” ones, which had longer horizontal holes that worked better. Overall, I'm really liking the 3rd party Maverick soft tri fold cover.

R1T Preds Fan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Warehouse Management
I'm not sure if you've tried this yet, but the 1 1/4” ones didn't work for me as the holes didn't line up with the ones in the bed. Had to return them and get the 1 1/2” ones, which had longer horizontal holes that worked better. Overall, I'm really liking the 3rd party Maverick soft tri fold cover.
Still cover-less atm; hoping to hear good news s00n on the Rivian cover I’ve already purchased… If it doesn’t show by the end of this month I’ll likely go with the maverick tri-fold for our big July road trip!
Post up some pics of yours if you get the chance!
Sponsored