Sponsored

Aftermarket manual tonneau - anyone know of one in the works?

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
I would expect an $1800 manual cover to include parts to be able to store where the auto stores itself. Or some other magic.

Nope.

MXA121

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Model 3
I didn't order the manual cover before my truck arrived, ya know since we still can't see it and I wasn't sure it was worth the $800.
I asked my useless guide if he would assist in getting me the cover at original price which he promptly said gear shop prices are what they are.

CBD10

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RT1, Tesla Model 3 Performance, Ford Lightning
looks nice but I wouldn’t pay more than the OEM manual cover…. $1k is kinda crazy.

Rivian was quoting 1800 so 1k is rather nice.

Sponsored

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

The Maverick cover is $509 following that link.

Mfurman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
thats because the soft trifold is out of stock so it defaulting to the more expensive hard trifold top

Reactions: Guy

mmayur

First Name
Mayur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1t
Occupation
engineer
The Maverick cover is $509 following that link.
looks like this seller is sold out for tri-fold which I installed for $180. you can search on amazon Maverick Soft tri-fold in $200 range that would fit R1T

Reactions: Guy

the_mace

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Ford F350 Diesel, Mercedes GLC30
Occupation
CTO

Sponsored

Phatman113

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
Also people that had it in the configuration but bought out of the R1 Shop will be able to purchase at old pricing.
Oh man, I hope you're right. My guide has been basically useless, but told me the exact opposite, once I swapped to the R1 Shop config, it erased my previous config, and there was no going back, so I'd have to pay full price... (currently 1800, but who knows if it'll go up again)

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid, Model Y, Bronco - sold for R1T
Oh man, I hope you're right. My guide has been basically useless, but told me the exact opposite, once I swapped to the R1 Shop config, it erased my previous config, and there was no going back, so I'd have to pay full price... (currently 1800, but who knows if it'll go up again)
Yeah I did specifically ask and was specifically promised old pricing. I guess we'll see at some point.

Phatman113

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
Yeah I did specifically ask and was specifically promised old pricing. I guess we'll see at some point.
Yeah, it's really a moot point until it's released, we'll see if it's worth arguing at that point. For now, I'm using another thread on this forum to make a temporary one out of plastic fence panels. That'll tide me over until there are better aftermarket ones, or an official one released for a price that I'm willing to pay