Sponsored

After no sightings, I got to see two this week.

Ripped

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Dual Max
Occupation
-
I am guessing maybe employee vehicles up here in Vancouver. I caught a glimpse of a Limestone R1T on the road earlier last week, then at my workout venue got an up close look at a Granite/Ocean Coast version that was parked in the lot. Wish I had my phone to take a few pics but don't usually take it to my workouts.

Anyway my impressions were that the front end (which I was not in love with) looked better in person than in the photos and videos that I've seen. The interior looked sharp, even though I have the Black on order, and so did the Granite exterior colour.

I had my FX4 supercrew, so it would have been nice to do a side by side set of photos. The pickup box is a lot smaller than my FX4, and so is the footprint of the R1T. Overall I thought the R1T looked sharp and well proportioned. Size-wise I'd say it had a footprint similar to what my '98 Durango was back in the day. Maybe a little wider.

Seeing it in person confirmed that the size of the R1T is exactly what I am looking for. I find the FX4 capable but a little large around town and tough to find parallel parking spots that are big enough these days. Judging by the box size, loading long lumber from a home centre will be tougher in the R1T unless one uses a hitch extender but plywood and 8' lumber should be okay.
Sponsored