Sponsored

After Labor Day, time to get to work...produce and deliver!

BoltEVowner

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
West Georgia, dangerously close to Alabama
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EUV, Chevy Volt, RAV4, Winnebago, R1T
Occupation
retired physician
Okay, it is after Labor Day, end of the first week in September, and unless there is another delay, there are supposed to be R1T LE deliveries (yes, plural) this month. Who will admit they have a September delivery on schedule? Where will the first truck carrier go? Or will Rivian try to make a big splash, and send out multiple truck carriers to several areas of the US, and also have deliveries in Normal, to make a big delivery day/week all over, and not play favorites? It's PR time! Got to get ready for the IPO launch also. Who has credible information or would like to speculate?
Sponsored

FullNelsonAZ

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Suburban, Chevy Spark EV, Cadillac XT4
Nothing credible here but I would place my bets on a carrier load to each open service center location and a small event to kick it off end of next week. They have probably left the factory in covered wagons to keep it on the down low.

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

No app available for download, yet. I thought Rivian was planning to use the app to finalize purchase and lock-in configuration.

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Have they really not given a delivery date for Sept recipients yet? We give Rivian a lot of shit for bad communication, but not giving notice to people for when they're going to receive a car and an 80k bill is pretty bad.

exprexxo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ F150, Tesla M3
Occupation
_____Architect
Okay, it is after Labor Day, end of the first week in September, and unless there is another delay, there are supposed to be R1T LE deliveries (yes, plural) this month. Who will admit they have a September delivery on schedule? Where will the first truck carrier go? Or will Rivian try to make a big splash, and send out multiple truck carriers to several areas of the US, and also have deliveries in Normal, to make a big delivery day/week all over, and not play favorites? It's PR time! Got to get ready for the IPO launch also. Who has credible information or would like to speculate?
I so want the big batch story. I would fly anywhere to get mine. Normal here we come!

Sponsored

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

My friends have been urging me to get a one-way ticket to "Normal" forever.....

Phone's still fully charged......
I'm curious what date your "friends" want you to book the flight for??? :CWL:

nukem384

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3/Rivian R1S
I've said it before so I guess it can't hurt to say it again. I think they are planning a high profile event or events for first delivery(ies) and have asked the people scheduled to receive their trucks this month to keep it quiet. This is based on zero actual insider knowledge.
I would not be surprised if this is the case either. I feel like this is what they want to do to make a big splash. Maybe they'll have a truck load at each of the 4 SC that are open?

Reminds me of the Model S Plaid when they had the event a few months ago. They started deliveries that night at the event. I didn't hear one peep on the Tesla subs about anyone getting a Plaid. So having the first R1T LE delivery owners say on the DL is a possibility.

Sponsored

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Possible app rollout next week at the Apple event??

Maybe Apple will showcase it with the new phone introduction ??

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Possible app rollout next week at the Apple event??

Maybe Apple will showcase it with the new phone introduction ??
you appear to be on the wrong forum.:giggle:

AndroidAppBundle

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bianchi
Based on what Elon Musk is saying (sad that I look to Elon Musk for a pulse on the auto industry for EV companies....), Combined with everything we know about inventory shortages, semiconductor shortages, ports backed up, driver shortages; I expect the R1T to be delayed to Q1 2022. Even outside of Rivian; Ford and others are idling plants due to shortages.

If we see any R1T deliveries in September; they'll probably just go to Rivian staff & press / demo vehicles.

The auto industry is in gridlock.

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
If we see any R1T deliveries in September; they'll probably just go to Rivian staff & press / demo vehicles.
I agree with you that things will end up stalling but I don't think it will be quite so bad as you think. I think Rivian will prioritize (and deliver on the new schedule) the LE pre-order holders and then all of the non-LE deliveries will be delayed.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Based on what Elon Musk is saying (sad that I look to Elon Musk for a pulse on the auto industry for EV companies....), Combined with everything we know about inventory shortages, semiconductor shortages, ports backed up, driver shortages; I expect the R1T to be delayed to Q1 2022. Even outside of Rivian; Ford and others are idling plants due to shortages.

The auto industry is in gridlock.
How was your holiday weekend? Did you burn any ants with a magnifying glass?
Sponsored