Sponsored

Adventure vs Explore R1S

Leo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Alfa Romeo Giulia Quad. Range Rover, Infinti
You make a good point about the added value post price increase and I did not know about the sweet flashlight not being part of the package. I wonder what else will be different when ALL the details come out. Good thing is we can change packages if needed. I dont care about the delivery date as I have enough cars lying around so plenty of time to decide for me. Thanks.
Sponsored

Ready4Rivian

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S, 22 Bronco Badlands
Occupation
Plastics Engineer
Clubs

If you reserved in 2018 and you have a delivery date on the first half of 2023, there is no way my delivery window is the same as yours because I reserved in 2021.
I reserved in September of 21 and the Rivian CS agent last week told 1st half of 23 for delivery window. Don’t believe it.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I reserved in September of 21 and the Rivian CS agent last week told 1st half of 23 for delivery window. Don’t believe it.
Interesting. Large or max pack? I have a max on order from august 2021 and was told 2nd half 2023.

Ready4Rivian

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S, 22 Bronco Badlands
Occupation
Plastics Engineer
Clubs

WantARivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Congress will decide if I get the Adventure or Explore. And I think this will apply to many post price hike orders.

Large pack is bare minimum for many. Large pack with adventure is going to cost 84k with no add-ons.

If the BBB passes (big if) and if they retain the $80k SUV limit, I’ll end up paying $5.5k for the pack and lose the credit also. I will as well get the explore, get the credit and add after market audio (which btw is the only thing I care about in the adventure package).

Sponsored

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
You really believe you’re going to receive your Explore R1S in Oct-Dec of this year after only reserving in Aug 2021? I would estimate 2024 at the earliest. People started reservations in 2019.
Huh? I think you replied to the wrong message? I have an R1T Adventure preordered.

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I will as well get the explore, get the credit and add after market audio (which btw is the only thing I care about in the adventure package).
FYI, aftermarket audio is a nonstarter, which is a bummer. The current 12V system in the vehicles will not support it.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

one value proposition that favors the the R1T to the R1S is that you can get a full size spare with the same wheel on the spare. whereas in the R1S its a compact spare tire and the wheel is not the same as on the vehicle. so were paying $450 for that while for the R1T you pay $550 and you get another original wheel. cost delta doesn't seem right.
Sponsored