Sponsored

Adhesive front license plate

dp351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ariel Atom, R1T
I noticed that on this website, which claims to be the one and only legal source of these in California, they cost $120. But on several other websites, such as this one, they can be found for under $25. Does anyone know if there’s any noticeable difference between these? Or is the only difference being able to claim legality, which is a $95 premium?
Sponsored

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
I noticed that on this website, which claims to be the one and only legal source of these in California, they cost $120. But on several other websites, such as this one, they can be found for under $25. Does anyone know if there’s any noticeable difference between these? Or is the only difference being able to claim legality, which is a $95 premium?
For CA you there is only one company available and even that is a pilot program. The etsy one you referenced is for applying over a license plate for show vehicles.

Directly from that etsy site:
DISCLAIMER:
THIS ITEM IS ONLY FOR SHOW OR OFF ROAD USE ONLY

dp351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ariel Atom, R1T
For CA you there is only one company available and even that is a pilot program. The etsy one you referenced is for applying over a license plate for show vehicles.

Directly from that etsy site:
DISCLAIMER:
THIS ITEM IS ONLY FOR SHOW OR OFF ROAD USE ONLY
I understand that one has been approved by the DMV and the other has not. But is that the only difference? I suspect that it is. And if so, how will the police know the difference?

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
I understand that one has been approved by the DMV and the other has not. But is that the only difference? I suspect that it is. And if so, how will the police know the difference?
Give it a go. They don't look quite the same to me judging by customers posts.

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I did a European delivery a few years ago and kept the plate on the back. It was a German plate. No front plate. Paid $40 to DMV for a vanity plate. No issues.
Sponsored

Sponsored

Sponsored