First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired
Have used the app to invite someone to be added as a driver on the R1T. Nothing has happened on their end or on mine for 24 hours. Unclear from the app or the manual what is supposed to happen next. Want to add a driver and reassign one of the swipe cards to them. Anyone accomplished these tasks? If so, please share what worked for you...thanks!
Sponsored

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Have used the app to invite someone to be added as a driver on the R1T. Nothing has happened on their end or on mine for 24 hours. Unclear from the app or the manual what is supposed to happen next. Want to add a driver and reassign one of the swipe cards to them. Anyone accomplished these tasks? If so, please share what worked for you...thanks!
They should have received an email invitation to set up a Rivian account and accept the driver invitation. Have them check their spam/junk folders.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
@cohall is right about the email. They'll create an account, if they don't have one yet, and pair their phone to the truck as a key.

FYI, at this time it is impossible to reassign any physical keys to any profile other than the owner. They will only have access to the phone key in their profile but can, obviously, still use any key they have physical possession of.

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
Have used the app to invite someone to be added as a driver on the R1T.
I expect you found this, try going to settings on the R1t main screen then drivers and keys, should be able to add that person's phone as a key, I believe there can only be two phone keys.

How do you invite someone from the app?

OP
OP
C.R. Rivian

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
I expect you found this, try going to settings on the R1t main screen then drivers and keys, should be able to add that person's phone as a key, I believe there can only be two phone keys.

1. Launch the app on your phone. You see the screen with a picture of your truck.
2. Swipe up. You see drivers and keys.
3. Press 'Manage'.
4. Invite a driver.

Sponsored

OP
OP
C.R. Rivian

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired

My R1T's screen says that I can only add someone from inviting them through the app.

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
My R1T's screen says that I can only add someone from inviting them through the app.
True, I see the same. But I was able to add my wife's phone this way, though it was in "my name". I've removed that now, invited my wife as you suggested, and re added her phone with the Rivian app signed into her name.

The process seems a bit clunky, but maybe its just me.

Last edited:

Ronimal

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Jeep Wagoneer
Anyone else having an issue where the invited driver does not receive the invite email? I’ve tried 2 different email addresses and they receive nothing.

mecrider82

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2022 Kawasaki Vulcan Cafe
Occupation
Regulated Systems Business Analyst
I haven’t seen this specifically mentioned yet, but I think the intended driver you are trying to invite has to have the app downloaded on their phone to accept the invite and set themselves up. I was able to get it to work with my husband, but I had warned him in advance and he had the app and had already set up an account on the app before I sent the invite.

Sponsored

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Really wish you could just add a profile directly to the truck without having to jump through hoops.

JoelD

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
idlethoughts.blog
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Rivian R1T LE (delivered 6/28/22)
Occupation
Retired
I talked to the support center about this, we had to revoke the invitation (it came the first time but didn’t set up,) and the second time it worked fine

Ronimal

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Jeep Wagoneer
I haven’t seen this specifically mentioned yet, but I think the intended driver you are trying to invite has to have the app downloaded on their phone to accept the invite and set themselves up. I was able to get it to work with my husband, but I had warned him in advance and he had the app and had already set up an account on the app before I sent the invite.
Ah this solved it for me. Thanks!

So I assumed the invite would just send an email to my wife and we could set up her account then. But she needed to download the Rivian app, set up her account (with a credit card? Really?). THEN I revoked and resent the invitation to her. The invitation showed up in her app and away we go.

Last edited:

Hercules10

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
I ran into the problem when my wife created an account on her on, and than when I invited her and she followed the link, the system locks up.

sierraskier

First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Earthroamer, Rivian R1T x 2, KTM 300 XCW
If they already have an account, you need to make sure the email address you're sending it to is the one that they have the Rivian account setup with. If no account, they should get an invite. if they didn't it's probably in the Spam folder. It's not rocket science...it's just like every other account you create: choose username, password, agree, go....

After they do that, they will need to get into the truck, go to Settings, Drivers and Keys, on the screen, open Rivian app on phone and setup the phone key (pair the phone key to car)

Separately, they will want to pair their phone to the car via Bluetooth, for regular bluetooth functions like calling, music, etc...
Sponsored