First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
I didn't know washer fluid can be bought as concentrate! I already finished two gallons of fluid after the factory one in less than two months and thinking I've to buy several gallons next time I go to Home Depot.
The first step is recognizing you have a problem! 🤣

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I would also hazard a guess it's why the inside of my windows always give the appearance that I'm a heavy smoker. I have never owned a car which required so much glass maintenance. If I can smell the fluid, it's certainly traveling far enough into the air vents to leave a film on the glass. Not a fan.
Possibly one of many contributors to the problem. All that new plastic, vinyl, carpet, etc off-gassing are also a major part of the problem. Gotta love that new car smell....

Sponsored

abirozy

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla model s, lexus gs 350 f sport, toyota corolla
Occupation
lawyer
Clubs

OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Is this a different variant? I notice in the original pic is states it prevents windshield wiper system but the link to the product states in the description "Makes 20 Gallons of +32° Windshield Washer Fluid."

Wouldn't that mean that it can freeze? Sorry if that sounds like a dumb question.
Under heavy questioning, the SC told me it had a lot of alcohol in it and it’s a wonderful windshield deicer. Does not freeze, I was told. When asked if it could be drank, the SC chose not to comment! 🤣🎊🍻

Utecitec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3
Is this a different variant? I notice in the original pic is states it prevents windshield wiper system but the link to the product states in the description "Makes 20 Gallons of +32° Windshield Washer Fluid."

Wouldn't that mean that it can freeze? Sorry if that sounds like a dumb question.
Since its a concentrate I would guess that the less water the you add the lower the tempreture it will freeze at. So you can get 20 gallons of +32, but only 10-15 gallons of cold weather fluid.

SDH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE; Jeep Rubicon
There are smart people on this forum... can someone please invent a washer fluid that smells of single malt (so that I'm not forced to fill up with my Scotch in winter)

OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Since I started sweating and shaking, not knowing where I can get this stuff before I run out, I emailed GC the following, “I’m trying to locate a retail version of your product, pictured below, to replace my Rivian’s fluid with the same product used by Rivian. Where can I find this “All Season” variant?”

BTW, I had the SC fill it to the rim, before I left… the truck smelled wonderful - all the way home!🤣

Last edited:

Sponsored

Kuro-Rivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 BMW 2002
I revise my previous. Label for the gc fluid in pic is premixed but if you look at label ingredients it's just ethanol, isopropyl and water. Simple enough, mix your own.

Rivdog

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
55 gallons is the largest size available? Bummer.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs