First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Sales
I've noticed that I get a ton of dust on the dash. Much quicker than other cars i've owned. Could be material of dash, the fact that it is super flat, or where the cabin filter is located. I've got a feeling its probably a combination of those things?

Anyone else noticed that their dash gets dusty super quickly?
Yes, I do.

On a parallel note, given we are talking about the window... I have never had a car that leaves a mark where the right blade stops - it is right in the middle of the driver's view. I get a near-horizontal line, especially if they kick on automatically. If I do two cycles of the washer fluid, it goes away, but as soon as start to get any dirt or dust buildup, it re-appears. Perhaps it isn't the blades, but is instead the fluid?

WhidbeyIsland

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Lexus RX350 & 2023 R1T
Occupation
Retired!
Ok, enough is enough now. I just read through five plus days of posts on windshield washer fluid (and a dusty dash) and not one snarky /rude comment from someone in the forum... not one!

Seems everyone is getting plenty of rest these days, eating their greens and not imbibing too much. sheesh.

Seriously, it is nice to read a posting for a change (albeit a softball topic) with no one yelling at a fellow poster. Progress!

Sponsored

OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Ok, enough is enough now. I just read through five plus days of posts on windshield washer fluid (and a dusty dash) and not one snarky /rude comment from someone in the forum... not one!

Seems everyone is getting plenty of rest these days, eating their greens and not imbibing too much. sheesh.

Seriously, it is nice to read a posting for a change (albeit a softball topic) with no one yelling at a fellow poster. Progress!
Got fluid?!

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

So here is the deal:
  • $18/Gallon, 4 gallons/case = $72/case
  • 36/pallet = $2592/pallet
  • Whoever orders it would need a tax exemption certificate. Anyone? Anyone? Bueler?
  • Would need to be shipped somewhere that can properly receive a pallet (ie not a residence). Shipping quote would depend on where

Anyone still game?

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
So here is the deal:
  • Whoever orders it would need a tax exemption certificate. Anyone? Anyone? Bueler?
  • Would need to be shipped somewhere that can properly receive a pallet (ie not a residence). Shipping quote would depend on where
Anyone still game?
I'm guessing they don't charge OEMs these prices....

samso003

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Amazon
I've noticed that I get a ton of dust on the dash. Much quicker than other cars i've owned. Could be material of dash, the fact that it is super flat, or where the cabin filter is located. I've got a feeling its probably a combination of those things?

Anyone else noticed that their dash gets dusty super quickly?
I'm pretty sure the interior cabin air intake is at the top of the dash, below this grill. Which would explain the dusty dash. Usually these are located under the passenger side dash.

Rivian R1T R1S Addictive smelling wiper fluid mystery SOLVED! = Genuine Chemistry All Season Windshield Washer Fluid PXL_20230129_222954918

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
I'm pretty sure the interior cabin air intake is at the top of the dash, below this grill. Which would explain the dusty dash. Usually these are located under the passenger side dash.

PXL_20230129_222954918.jpg
I'll just carry a rag in the console and wipe it down once a week.

Sponsored

Jack Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette Z06, Cherokee, Nissan Titan, BMW 1200GSA
So here is the deal:

Anyone still game?
I know a guy that fits those parameters. I’d have to do the math and figure out shipping costs, inbound and outbound, HAZMAT rules and all that, especially if I were to list it on a website

Jack Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette Z06, Cherokee, Nissan Titan, BMW 1200GSA
As far as the ‘scent of fluid’ it smells like a combination of glycol and isopropyl alcohol

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

I know a guy that fits those parameters. I’d have to do the math and figure out shipping costs, inbound and outbound, HAZMAT rules and all that, especially if I were to list it on a website
Well, General Chemistry seems very willing to ship a single pallet (or more for that matter) to any entity that has the cash and can check all the boxen.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

More info for the addicted among us.

Rivian R1T R1S Addictive smelling wiper fluid mystery SOLVED! = Genuine Chemistry All Season Windshield Washer Fluid 12
Rivian R1T R1S Addictive smelling wiper fluid mystery SOLVED! = Genuine Chemistry All Season Windshield Washer Fluid 13

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

So here is the deal:

Anyone still game?
What's the shipping quote to 98315? Business with dock and forklift if needed.
Sponsored