First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
I revise my previous. Label for the gc fluid in pic is premixed but if you look at label ingredients it's just ethanol, isopropyl and water. Simple enough, mix your own.
Cheers! 🤣
Sponsored

OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I revise my previous. Label for the gc fluid in pic is premixed but if you look at label ingredients it's just ethanol, isopropyl and water. Simple enough, mix your own.
Nope. Look closely at the label, there is also a “proprietary” ingredient.

SeattleClearBra

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Occupation
Paint Protection Film Window Tint Vinyl Ceramic Installer
Clubs

So, I was at the Bellevue service center today and I inquired about the wiper fluid….. both the factory fill and what is used at the service center. I confirmed that both use the same fluid - attached is a picture of the 55 gallon drum that they use!

F8C551B6-56FD-4017-A54D-19E0CC304894.jpeg
I may have to find some and offer free top ups haha =)

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

Nope. Look closely at the label, there is also a “proprietary” ingredient.
Yeah, I saw on a TV show that was actually a fortuitous accident.

Rivian R1T R1S Addictive smelling wiper fluid mystery SOLVED! = Genuine Chemistry All Season Windshield Washer Fluid 1674717211020

Sponsored

louisdeg

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Red Canyon/Forest Edge, 21” wheels
Occupation
Home inspector
Can’t wait to run out so I can lose the smell. I turn on recirc if I have to use it a lot.

Swilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
A Little Bit of Everything
Clubs

I would also hazard a guess it's why the inside of my windows always give the appearance that I'm a heavy smoker. I have never owned a car which required so much glass maintenance. If I can smell the fluid, it's certainly traveling far enough into the air vents to leave a film on the glass. Not a fan.
Seems like this would also lead to build up of residue in the vents that you are going to smell any time the blower is running, especially with heat. Might be worth a review of the MSDS to see what is being inhaled and if it’s safe.

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & Audi
Occupation
SP
Personally, I only use organic, grass-fed washer fluid. But it tends to smell like eggs in the summertime. Not so much in the winter.

Seriously though, is this even a real thing?

And even more seriously....I found myself in a pinch one winter on a road trip in my Jeep.....no washer fluid available anywhere. So I went to Target and purchased a gallon of distilled water for a buck and a small container of isopropyl alcohol (maybe 16 oz or so?), dumped them both in the reservoir and drove 5 hours home without an issue. Worked great and costs like $2.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
I would also hazard a guess it's why the inside of my windows always give the appearance that I'm a heavy smoker. I have never owned a car which required so much glass maintenance. If I can smell the fluid, it's certainly traveling far enough into the air vents to leave a film on the glass. Not a fan.
I've noticed that I get a ton of dust on the dash. Much quicker than other cars i've owned. Could be material of dash, the fact that it is super flat, or where the cabin filter is located. I've got a feeling its probably a combination of those things?

Anyone else noticed that their dash gets dusty super quickly?

OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Personally, I only use organic, grass-fed washer fluid. But it tends to smell like eggs in the summertime. Not so much in the winter.

Seriously though, is this even a real thing?

And even more seriously....I found myself in a pinch one winter on a road trip in my Jeep.....no washer fluid available anywhere. So I went to Target and purchased a gallon of distilled water for a buck and a small container of isopropyl alcohol (maybe 16 oz or so?), dumped them both in the reservoir and drove 5 hours home without an issue. Worked great and costs like $2.
Yes, It’s a real thing! Even the SC told me they get a lot of comments on their wiper fluid and it’s smell! 🤣

Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I've noticed that I get a ton of dust on the dash. Much quicker than other cars i've owned. Could be material of dash, the fact that it is super flat, or where the cabin filter is located. I've got a feeling its probably a combination of those things?

Anyone else noticed that their dash gets dusty super quickly?
I actually commented on the exact opposite last night... I have a Swiffer in the glove box of every other vehicle I own, but not the R1T. Almost a year and have never dusted the dash...

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
I actually commented on the exact opposite last night... I have a Swiffer in the glove box of every other vehicle I own, but not the R1T. Almost a year and have never dusted the dash...
What the hell? I cleaned it literally last friday and it is already dusty today...

OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Same. Clean as a whistle!

OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
What the hell? I cleaned it literally last friday and it is already dusty today...
Come on, now… this thread is dedicated to wiper fluid and wiper fluid associated aromas! 🤣

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Toby Flenderson