Sponsored

Ace Engineering Rock Sliders for R1T / R1S

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
I have had Ace Engineering sliders on my Jeep for 7 years and they have been fantastic. I would love to get some sliders for the Rivian at a reasonable price from an experienced manufacturer of this type of product.

I reached out to Ace / Steinjager Inc. to see if they are interested, and lo and behold they have told me they are very interested in developing products for R1T & R1S!

They are in Bushnell, IL (1 hour west of Normal). They have told me they are interested in communicating with someone in central Illinois for a possible vehicle loan for measurements in exchange for some new rock sliders they would develop for R1T / R1S.
They have given me permission to give out the contact information for anyone interested:

Adam Morrow
[email protected]

Please report back here if you get in touch with them and we can get this moving!
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I've been in contact with the guy that used to run Ace before he sold it. Now runs GOAT Fabrication, focusing on sliders for the Bronco. Planning on having him do the measurements on my truck sometime next week and work something out with him on it.

OP
OP

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
I've been in contact with the guy that used to run Ace before he sold it. Now runs GOAT Fabrication, focusing on sliders for the Bronco. Planning on having him do the measurements on my truck sometime next week and work something out with him on it.
This is a good sign!
Rivian R1T R1S Ace Engineering Rock Sliders for R1T / R1S BEF3A079-63DE-4BE3-B317-2899960F9D7D

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

This is a good sign!
I was waiting till something was ready to make a dedicated post about it. He's apparently a pretty busy guy right now with their sale going on.

OP
OP

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
Bumping this thread!

Ace reached back out to me and confirmed they are interested in borrowing a vehicle for measurements, possibly in exchange for some sliders!

Anyone near Bushnell, IL able to take them up on this great offer? I wish I was closer!

Please contact Andrew at email in OP.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

OP
OP

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
My truck is in GOAT's shop right now getting sized up.
Any news from GOAT? Are they done with your truck? Mostly curious if they gave any indication of when they might have a product for sale. Thanks!

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Any news from GOAT? Are they done with your truck? Mostly curious if they gave any indication of when they might have a product for sale. Thanks!
Not for a bit most likely. They test fit a bracket today. I work very close to them so it'll be quick turn around overall, but the vibe I got from them is that they don't want to really advertise before they have a product ready to go. Since my R1T is my daily, it makes it easy for them.

The overall expectation I have is that they are more concerned about being able to protect the bottom sides of the truck from rocks/impacts versus maintaining ground clearance, since the doors on the Rivian practically wrap around to the underbody. Will end up losing a bit of clearance, but I don't think it will be a big deal.
Sponsored