Sponsored

Accessory Port Locations

captainquez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tahoe
Hi all,

New here so apologies for formatting issues. Curious if anyone knows how many accessory ports (and where) they are on the roof of the R1S.

Specifically curious if it is possible to locate the cross bars further back on the R1S. Current configuration shows them over the front and 2nd row, and would like to know if it’s possible to locate above the 3rd and trunk.

TIA
Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Rivian R1T R1S Accessory Port Locations rivian-

This shows 3 locations. Probably can't go any further back than the rear most position shown because of the liftgate.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Also, it doesn't look like it would be very practical to use only the 2 rear most attachment points since they are so close together. But that may depend on what you're putting up there.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Also, it doesn't look like it would be very practical to use only the 2 rear most attachment points since they are so close together. But that may depend on what you're putting up there.
Granny might fit…

Rivian R1T R1S Accessory Port Locations 1627012548016

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

How times change...now it's the Californians moving to Texas.
Skyote,

Thanks a bunch! Now I have that damned theme song stuck in my head! This comment may be better suited for the thread entitled: "Report: Rivian Confirms Plan for Second U.S. Assembly Plant", but you started it, and now it's late, and I'm tired.

The population shift is a real thing. California will lose a Congressional seat for the first time, and Texas will gain two, with the Western states of Oregon, Montana, and Colorado each gaining one. I'm guessing lifelong Californians are less likely to be those leaving, as opposed to those who moved there from other states, including Texas. Now it looks like many companies and whole industries are seeing the light. Even the movie industry is reportedly producing more and more content elsewhere, in business-friendly places like New Mexico.

Anyone looking to visit the Golden State should check with their local U-Haul dealer. Many are making great deals for folks to drive trucks or tow trailers back from other states (of course, getting back home is another thing). At least housing costs in L.A. and S.F. may soften a bunch, if not truly drop. Not sure I'd want to be a landlord there.

How did such an amazing place start to suffer so many critical problems. In Oregon, like most places, we certainly have our issues, but California has never shrunk in my lifetime, or in that of any generation before. I hope they right their ship soon. ??

Back to that other thread for a moment. I'd be surprised if Rivian is even entertaining any serious thought of a vehicle production facility in California. I would think that would be a very expensive proposition to build and operate. As stated in that thread, I'd bet on Tennessee, Texas, or Arizona, if they're looking outside of the car industry stronghold of the Mid-West.

Now I'll have to crank "Hotel California" or Marty Robbins' "El Paso" before going to bed to kill that earworm!

Aarrrggghhh!!!

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

New Mexico?! While, yes, there is some growth in the film industry in NM, it's still pretty small. Clearly the example to use is Georgia!

https://www.filmla.com/filml-a-issu...tional-competitors-for-feature-film-projects/
Yes, Georgia is, and has been a huge contributor for many years. In Oregon, we've been fortunate enough to land many television series to complement the occasional film. Newer places like New Mexico are making inroads due to much lower costs, close proximity to L.A., and less BS to contend with. It probably helps that the skies are generally blue, with little rainfall to slow down projects.

OP
OP

captainquez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tahoe
Thinking about doing in-car camping with storage unit on top. Would prefer it further back so it doesn’t obstruct overhead view/sunshine while driving.

Sponsored

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
but California has never shrunk in my lifetime
It isn't shrinking now, it is just growing slower than the rest of the U.S. Per Google, California' s population grew by 6.5% from 2010 to 2020.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
It isn't shrinking now, it is just growing slower than the rest of the U.S. Per Google, California' s population grew by 6.5% from 2010 to 2020.
I wish all the foaming at the mouth about California’s population drastically dropping was true, then I could afford to live there ?

srwaxalot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
WXR. KIA Niro plugin
Also on average CA gets an influx of about 100k foreigners moving each year. With Covid closing borders and new limits put on visas that has slowed/stoped them the last few years. I have a friend that was set to move here from France. The job he was coming for went remote because of the shutdowns so he does it from home in France now.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

jjwolf,

Point well taken! Thanks for that. I guess I'm still able to say that "California has never shrunk in my lifetime, or in that of any generation before", and "I hope they right their ship soon" still rings true. It seems like every time the media says they're going down the drain, they bounce back stronger than ever. With all that's going on in the state, they're going to need a pretty big bounce. The sooner that happens, the better.

Thanks again for correcting my erroneous statement! ;) ?
Sponsored