Sponsored

Accessories - Floor console organizer / Tesla Charger Adapter / Phone Mount / Bed Mat / Etc.

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Sharing my accessories purchase list for anyone interested..............

--------------------------------------
Organizer - Cup holders and Foldable Pockets - Water Resistant Backseat Organizer for Toys, Snacks and other utensils
www.amazon.com/dp/B01MDOZLT1?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

With no floor console, needed something to keep things organized. Hoping Rivian, like Tesla did, offers some type of optional console for the floor space between the front seats some time soon.

This is far from the best solution, but is the best temporary solution I could find. Fits snugly in that space, not using the fold out cup holders it has. It at least, will allow me to keep things from flying around. I remember the early days of the Tesla and hated the open space. Was one of the first to order the console when they offered it. Will be first in line to order one from Rivian as soon as they offer one. With the extreme lack of interior storage space within driver's reach, definitely need something.

Will keep looking for something better while we wait hoping Rivian releases something specifically for the Rivian.

----------------------------------------------------------
Lectron Tesla to J1772 Charging Adapter
www.amazon.com/dp/B09DCTJCTV?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Coming from a Tesla and being that the Rivian was not delivered with the wall charger I ordered, I purchased the Lectron Tesla to J1772 Charging Adapter hoping it would work. And it does work.

Great news for use on road trips at many destination chargers installed at hotels. Will NOT work on Superchargers, but certainly works with the higher powered Tesla wall chargers. At this point, don't really see any need to have the Rivian Charger installed. I'll keep it new in the box. If I ever move, maybe I'll use it then. I keep forgetting to look at the charging rate, but it's certainly not bad at all. Came home with 171 miles in range left, plugged it in. Forgot to look until three hours later and it had already charged to the 85% limit set in the vehicle, reflecting 235 miles of range. So, it added at least 70 miles in range in that 3 hours, over 23 miles of range added per hour. It says it supports 48 amps, so should actually be even faster. Next time I charge, will try to remember to check the charging rate while its charging and will update this post. But, even at just 23 miles per hour, that means at worst, would charge to full in about 10 hours or less, likely less.

Again, just sharing for anyone interested. NOTE: DOES NOT WORK ON THE FORD LIGHTNING. The product literature says it will work with the Mustang Mach-E, so assumed it would with the Ford. But definitely does NOT work on the Lighting.

--------------------------------------------------------
Peak Design Mobile Car Mount VHB - Black
www.amazon.com/dp/B09FV4QHTS?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

And one more item I picked up thus far, the Peak Design Mobile Car Mount VHB Black (not a charger).

In my Tesla Model S, I always kept it very simple. Put a piece of Velcro on the flat surface directly to the left of the center vertical screen. Add the opposite side of Velcro to the back of the phone and so easily, had my phone at eye level, next to the screen. Have done something similar on virtually every car I've owned. Put it up, pull it down. No mounts to deal with, unclamping, sliding it in, etc, etc.

Unfortunately, on the Rivian, there is no flat surface to accomplish this. Don't want it on the dashboard. Don't want it on the wireless charger where I can't see it.

Found this mount. A very simple, but effective design. Double sided tape onto the wood surface just below the metal trim in the space between the two screens. The wood is at an angle, but this fits nicely. And when placed correctly, the flat plate (magnet) is basically flush with the center screen. So, with the phone there, it's like having three screens all lined up with each other.

In my case, because I have a thick case on my phone to protect it when I drop it, I can't use the magnet, so I just put a piece of Velcro over the magnet. Already had the Velcro on the back of my phone case and it's basically in the same relative spot as it was in my Tesla. Simple 10 second installation. For those with no case, will stick up there with the magnet. The plate swivels, so you can position it just right.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My first time out of a Tesla in 8 years, so trying to adapt. More accessories on the way. Will update this post with those that "I think" work well in the Rivian.

Rivian R1T R1S Accessories - Floor console organizer / Tesla Charger Adapter / Phone Mount / Bed Mat / Etc. 1655535881549
Rivian R1T R1S Accessories - Floor console organizer / Tesla Charger Adapter / Phone Mount / Bed Mat / Etc. 1655535910083
Rivian R1T R1S Accessories - Floor console organizer / Tesla Charger Adapter / Phone Mount / Bed Mat / Etc. 1655535939333

------------------------------------------------------

EDIT TO ADD THE FOLLOWING:

I did also get this to save gear guard video......Works with the required Fat32 format. (Not all thumb drives do).

Dashcam Flash Drive for Tesla Model Y/3/S/X
www.amazon.com/dp/B0896VFR3W?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

and this, since the truck only has USB-C plugs.

Syntech USB C to USB Adapter Pack of 2
www.amazon.com/dp/B07CVX3516?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Both installed and work correctly.

Rivian R1T R1S Accessories - Floor console organizer / Tesla Charger Adapter / Phone Mount / Bed Mat / Etc. 1655695214912
Rivian R1T R1S Accessories - Floor console organizer / Tesla Charger Adapter / Phone Mount / Bed Mat / Etc. 1655695261126

EDIT AGAIN TO ADD THE FOLLOWING:

www.amazon.com/dp/B000VU8YO8?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
Dee Zee DZ85005 Universal Heavyweight Utility Bed Mat - 4' x 8'

NOTE: Cut it down from 8' to 52 3/4 inches to fit Rivian Bed: (Temporary solution until someone makes a Rivian specific bed mat.) See notes in following posts.

NOTE: Looks like they raised the price. It was $99 when I bought it last week. Now showing $148. Apparently I found it when it was on sale. If you're not in a rush, maybe wait for the next sale or contact the seller and ask for the sale price. Probably could find the same one somewhere else too.

EDIT 11/21/2022: Side Note: I considered the EVsportline carpeted mat and was going to go ahead and get it to try it out. But, after looking closely, it's a pretty thin material and is pretty pricey at $250. Not sure how carpet would be when it gets wet. Imagine it will retain the moisture. At that price point, opted against it. I'm still satisfied with this mat. Very thick and durable. Isn't going anywhere and trust that I can drop things in without damaging anything below due to the extra thickness of it. It doesn't fill in the small areas around the wheel wells, but fits perfectly in between them. EV1 also offers a rubber version theirs too, but it is also a pretty thin material. My concern with that one is it has hexagon shaped ridges that look like they'd be a real pain to clean. Imagine dirt and small particles getting in stuck in there and having to constantly take out the mat to flip it over to get the dirt / particles out. This one cleans up very easily with a blower or a hose. Until someone makes a custom fit one for the Rivian with a similar thick rubber material, sticking with what I have.

Rivian R1T R1S Accessories - Floor console organizer / Tesla Charger Adapter / Phone Mount / Bed Mat / Etc. 1655861707402

EDIT: 06/19/2023 - see below and post #83 for a form fitting one that I'm now trying out.....

RE: TIRE PRESSURE MONITOR SENSOR NOTED BELOW.........
EDIT: 02/06/2023 - DUE TO FEEDBACK FROM OTHER BUYERS AM TAKING THIS OFF MY RECOMMENDED LIST. WHILE I WAS ABLE TO SUCCESSFULLY GET A SET OF SENSORS WORKING ON MY TRUCK, THEY ARE FINICKY AND REQUIRE A PROGRAMMING TOOL TO GET THEM WORKING. NEED TO MAKE SURE YOUR TIRE SHOP HAS AN UPDATED PROGRAMMING TOOL THAT INCLUDES THE RIVIAN CODES. ASK IN ADVANCE. SO FAR, IT APPEARS THAT MOST DO NOT. MANY SENSORS REQUIRING ACTIVATION (NOT PROGRAMMING) WHICH IS THE CASE WITH THESE AS WELL. SOME SENSORS ARE SIMPLE PLUG AND PLAY, THESE ARE NOT. SOONER OR LATER, MOST TIRE SHOPS WILL GET THEIR PROGRAMMERS UPDATED TO INCLUDE THE RIVIAN ACTIVATION CODES, BUT SINCE MOST APPARENTLY STILL DON'T HAVE THEM, IT CAN MAKE IT DIFFICULT TO GET THEM TO WORK AND THERE'S A VERY DETAILED PROCESS REQUIRED TO DO SO IF IT DOESN'T WORK THE FIRST TIME.

NOT REMOVING FROM MY RECOMMENDED ITEMS SOLELY BECAUSE OF THIS, BUT APPARENTLY TPMS247 HAS BEEN SLOW TO RESPOND TO CUSTOMERS, WHICH TO ME, IS UNACCEPTABLE. ANY COMPANY SHOULD OPENLY COMMUNICATE WITH THEIR CUSTOMERS AND DO ALL THEY CAN TO MAKE SURE THE PRODUCT WORKS WITH THE LEAST AMOUNT OF EFFORT FROM THE CUSTOMER. BASED ON FEEDBACK FROM MULTIPLE CUSTOMERS, TPMS247 HAS FAILED IN THIS RESPECT.

WHILE THEY DO SELL SENSORS THAT WILL WORK, PROCEED WITH CAUTION AT YOUR OWN RISK IF YOU CHOOSE TO DO SO. MOST IMPORTANTLY, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ACCESS TO A PROGRAMMER TOOL, OR THAT YOUR TIRE SHOP HAS ONE UPDATED WITH THE RIVIAN CODES SO YOU CAN "ACTIVATE" THE SENSORS. IF YOU DO, THEN YOU SHOULD BE FINE. IF YOU DON'T, THEN IT COULD BE A STRUGGLE TO GET THE NECESSARY ASSISTANCE OR DIRECTION FROM TPMS247.

EDIT 09/23/2022 - TWO NEW ADDITIONS TODAY!

Rivian R1T R1S Accessories - Floor console organizer / Tesla Charger Adapter / Phone Mount / Bed Mat / Etc. 1663973368553

VERY HAPPY TO REPORT, WE FINALLY GOT THE TIRE PRESSURE SENSORS FIGURED OUT AND WORKING. Thanks to Jon at https://tpms247.com/ for getting it done.

EDIT: HAVE TO REVISE THIS RECOMMENDATION: QUITE DIFFICULT TO GET IN AND OUT. IF YOU NEVER NEED ACCESS TO THE THINGS BELOW, IT'S A NICELY LAID OUT TRAY. BUT, A ROYAL PAIN TO GET IT OUT OF THE CONSOLE WHEN YOU NEED TO. SEE BELOW FOR THE TWRAPS NEW AND IMPROVED VERSION

www.amazon.com/dp/B0B7RGNVWD?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
LFOTPP Car Center Console Organizer for 2022+ Rivain R1T / R1S Tray Glove Box Sunglasses Holder Car Accessories Secondary Storage Box (Black)

Rivian R1T R1S Accessories - Floor console organizer / Tesla Charger Adapter / Phone Mount / Bed Mat / Etc. 1663973257975

EDIT: 09/29/2022 - See post #48 below. I did also purchase Twraps version of their organizer. See post #48 for my details regarding my opinion between that one and the one shown here (directly above).

------------------------------
Per Post #63 in this thread...........
3D Printed Armrest Organizer for Rivian R1T/R1S
EDIT: 10/16/2022 - TWRAPS just sent me their new and improved version. Discovered the first one would get stuck / wedged in the console after placing any weighty items in it. Had to pry it out of there. But, they redesigned it and the new one is great. Perfect fit. Truly slides in and out very easily to be able to access items below. They revised the USB cable openings to slots instead of holes, so now you can pull it out without having to unplug a phone or move the cable through. The tray slides in and out without touching the cable. Finally, they also made one section of it adjustable. A removable divider that can be left out, put in in the middle or at the 1/3rd mark to contain small loose items in a smaller space. I bought some sticky rubber dash mats and cut them to size to fit in the bottom of the tray. This is the one I'm sticking with at this time. Certainly the best of the three that have been available.

Rivian R1T R1S Accessories - Floor console organizer / Tesla Charger Adapter / Phone Mount / Bed Mat / Etc. 1665905615569

3D Printed Armrest Organizer for Rivian R1T/R1S
Expand your storage options in the R1T/R1S with this armrest organizer that goes under the armrest area, where your elbows are while driving. This product is our first attempt at manufacturing plastics domestically, but since we're still a tiny business and can't afford an injection molding...
Rivian R1T R1S Accessories - Floor console organizer / Tesla Charger Adapter / Phone Mount / Bed Mat / Etc. Square_logo_black_BG_96x
twraps.com
---------------------------------------------

Happy to report, this one is truly a perfect fit. Even with some fairly heavy items in the tray, it truly slides in and out very easily now.

The new USB cable slots are also a huge revision. No longer have to feed the cable through when you want to remove the tray to access things on the bottom.

And the adjustable divider really offers great flexibility for varying customer preferences. Can remove it to have the same two large open spaces, cut it in half or move it to the 1/3rd mark to better contain small items in a smaller space.

Certainly keeping this one. Thank you TWRAPS for all the products. Great to see on a new vehicle in which there's hardly any after-market options available.

NOTE: The divider location in the two images below.....
Rivian R1T R1S Accessories - Floor console organizer / Tesla Charger Adapter / Phone Mount / Bed Mat / Etc. 1665904946968
Rivian R1T R1S Accessories - Floor console organizer / Tesla Charger Adapter / Phone Mount / Bed Mat / Etc. 1665904925223

-----------------------------------------------------
EDIT 11/21/2022 - Another one popped up on Amazon. It is now showing it's no longer available. But, it is one that is completed with similar quality to the first one, also having pre-cut rubber mats in the bottom. It has a nicer, higher quality finish. The Twraps version is a great product, but a little more rough around the edges and lacks the rubber mats. I was able to get one of the Amazon trays before they apparently sold out. I do personally prefer the layout of the trays better and this one seems to fit just fine, unlike the first Amazon offered tray. Link is below. Assume it will be offered again at some point.

BestEvMod for Rivian R1T & Rivian R1S Center Console Organizer Tray Armrest Storage Box
www.amazon.com/dp/B0BHSM3YTB?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Was only $19.99 when it was offered for sale. So a pretty cheap feeler to see if it was a viable option, which it is.

Rivian R1T R1S Accessories - Floor console organizer / Tesla Charger Adapter / Phone Mount / Bed Mat / Etc. 1669072798663
Rivian R1T R1S Accessories - Floor console organizer / Tesla Charger Adapter / Phone Mount / Bed Mat / Etc. 1669072819065

EDIT 06/23/2023 - FINALLY, A CENTER CONSOLE TRAY THAT FITS "PERFECTLY"

Have tried at least 6 of these things. The two above fit, but would get a little sticky trying to pull them out and felt a little flimsy with the mini-posts that hold it in.

Ordered two more. One didn't fit at all. The other, has nice big overhangs that keeps it from sinking into the console and getting stuck. ABS plastic rather than 3D printed so nice quality. Comes with pre-cut rubber mats. A nice looking piece and slides in and out SO EASILY. I'm finally DONE buying these things!!

SKTU UPGRADED for 2022 2023 Rivian R1T/R1S Center Console Organizer 2023 Rivian R1T Adventure/R1S Adventure Tray Armrest Secondary Storage Box 2022 2023 R1T/R1S Accessories with Coin Holder
www.amazon.com/dp/B0B638SYF2?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Rivian R1T R1S Accessories - Floor console organizer / Tesla Charger Adapter / Phone Mount / Bed Mat / Etc. 1687562903132

EDIT: 10/17/2022 - Another addition today..... (Post #68)

Amazon.com: SMARTLINER Custom Fit All Weather Black Front Trunk Liner Compatible with 2022-2023 Rivian R1T : Automotive
SMARTLINER Custom Fit All Weather Black Front Trunk Liner Compatible with 2022-2023 Rivian R1T

Rivian R1T R1S Accessories - Floor console organizer / Tesla Charger Adapter / Phone Mount / Bed Mat / Etc. 1665993494635

A perfect fit for the floor of the frunk. Nice and easy to collect dirt. Pull it out to clean and drop back in.

----------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: 10/17/2022 - Forgot this one.....Very useful if using the 110 outlets in the Rivian

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09TXMFRY2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3 Prong to 2 Prong Outlet Adapter, 4 Pack Polarized Grounding Converter, Fireproof Material Wall Outlet Converter, Portable 3 to 2 Outlet Adapter Indoor Use, Black

Realized I forgot to include these in my list. The Rivian is so sensitive to grounding issues that many three-prong plugs would trip the circuit in the Rivian. Even extension cords with lighted plugs. I bought a few of these and they prevent that issue, allowing most things to be plugged in, assuming what's plugged in doesn't draw more than 1,500 watts.

Rivian R1T R1S Accessories - Floor console organizer / Tesla Charger Adapter / Phone Mount / Bed Mat / Etc. 1666037247469

Just purchased this form fitting one. See Post #83 in this thread for details (Also Edited Post #3 as a comparison with the prior one). Thinking I like the one above better and may switch back to it. Giving this one a few weeks to see if it grows on me. See post #83 in this thread for a more detailed review or Post #3 for comparison photos of both.

www.amazon.com/RIVIGEAR-Weather-Compatible-Heavy-Duty-Durable/dp/B0C2TV2J9G/ref=sr_1_15?crid=1DIJRNMYDP4D5&keywords=rivian+bed&qid=1687427827&sprefix=rivian+bed%2Caps%2C143&sr=8-15&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.006c50ae-5d4c-4777-9bc0-4513d670b6bc
1687428091661.png

This is the new one......
1687218702441.png
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Now I need to find a good set of tie-down hooks I can install in the bed, gear tunnel and frunk. Still looking. If anyone has any suggestions?

Bought an 8 foot long bed mat for it that advertises it can be cut to size. Will share that once I get it in, if it's worth recommending.

Also have wheels and tires coming for it. Will do the same if they turn out well.

I did also get this to save gear guard video......Works with the required Fat32 format. (Not all thumb drives do).

Dashcam Flash Drive for Tesla Model Y/3/S/X
www.amazon.com/dp/B0896VFR3W?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

and this, since the truck only has USB-C plugs.

Syntech USB C to USB Adapter Pack of 2
www.amazon.com/dp/B07CVX3516?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Both installed and work correctly.

OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Again, for any one interested. Do with these as you choose. Needed a rubber bed mat to help prevent things from sliding all over the place. Naturally, nobody makes one specifically for the Rivian yet. When they do, I'll order it. In the mean time, ordered this universal one and cut it down. Was fairly easy to cut with all-purpose type cutters. It's 4' x 8' from the seller. I cut the length down to 52 3/4" to allow space for the fold over flap that folds up when you close the tailgate. It takes up about an inch of space/length in the bed when the tailgate is closed (the one that covers the hinges to make a flat floor when the tailgate is down. I put the cut end toward the cab with the molded end toward the tailgate since that's the side that will be seen. Although, was proud of myself for completing a pretty straight cut! :)

At 4' wide, its the same exact width of the spare tire cover. Happy with it as a temporary solution until a specific cut one comes out. I didn't want to get into a larger one that I had to also cut the sides and fender wells out. The fender wells are so small inside the bed anyway, so there's very little plastic exposed with this one. This is a very heavy duty mat. It's not light. but, I like that for the fact that I didn't have to "mount" it. Other mats show it being necessary to screw them in. Had no desire to put holes in the bed. With weight of this thing, don't think it's going anyway. Based on a post below, apparently some come with a logo stamped into the mat. Not sure that's that big of a deal. But, it's far enough towards one end of the mat that if you don't want the logo, it can be part of the leftover piece after you trim it for the Rivian. There is 52 3/4 inches of continuous mat space that has no logo.

Rivian R1T R1S Accessories - Floor console organizer / Tesla Charger Adapter / Phone Mount / Bed Mat / Etc. 1655861219664

Rivian R1T R1S Accessories - Floor console organizer / Tesla Charger Adapter / Phone Mount / Bed Mat / Etc. 1655861239851

Rivian R1T R1S Accessories - Floor console organizer / Tesla Charger Adapter / Phone Mount / Bed Mat / Etc. 1655861343921

EDIT 11/21/2022: Side Note: I considered the EVsportline carpeted mat and was going to go ahead and get it to try it out. But, after looking closely, it's a pretty thin material and is pretty pricey at $250. Not sure how carpet would be when it gets wet. Imagine it will retain the moisture. At that price point, opted against it. I'm still satisfied with this mat. Very thick and durable. Isn't going anywhere and trust that I can drop things in without damaging anything below due to the extra thickness of it. It doesn't fill in the small areas around the wheel wells, but fits perfectly in between them. EV1 also offers a rubber version theirs too, but it is also a pretty thin material. My concern with that one is it has hexagon shaped ridges that look like they'd be a real pain to clean. Imagine dirt and small particles getting in stuck in there and having to constantly take out the mat to flip it over to get the dirt / particles out. This one cleans up very easily with a blower or a hose. Until someone makes a custom fit one for the Rivian with a similar thick rubber material, sticking with what I have.

EDIT 06/19/2023.

Just purchased this form fitting one. See Post #83 in this thread for details. Thinking I like the one above better and may switch back to it. Giving this one a few weeks to see if it grows on me.

www.amazon.com/RIVIGEAR-Weather-Compatible-Heavy-Duty-Durable/dp/B0C2TV2J9G/ref=sr_1_15?crid=1DIJRNMYDP4D5&keywords=rivian+bed&qid=1687427827&sprefix=rivian+bed%2Caps%2C143&sr=8-15&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.006c50ae-5d4c-4777-9bc0-4513d670b6bc
1687428091661.png

This is the new one......
1687218702441.png

Last edited:

FirstStateR1T

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list, I have a problem!
Occupation
Mech. E/GM/COO
Clubs

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
I keep forgetting to look at the charging rate, but it's certainly not bad at all. Came home with 171 miles in range left, plugged it in. Forgot to look until three hours later and it had already charged to the 85% limit set in the vehicle, reflecting 235 miles of range. So, it added at least 70 miles in range in that 3 hours, over 23 miles of range added per hour. It says it supports 48 amps, so should actually be even faster. Next time I charge, will try to remember to check the charging rate while its charging and will update this post. But, even at just 23 miles per hour, that means at worst, would charge to full in about 10 hours or less, likely less.
You were getting the full 48amps that the Rivian can accept, which equates to roughly the 23 mi/hr you saw, or 11 ish kw.

Sponsored

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Do you have a picture of where you attached the phone mount?

OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Do you have a picture of where you attached the phone mount?
Ask and you shall receive! Plate where magnet is (where velcro I added is on mine) is adjustable, side to side, up/down or can swivel.

Rivian R1T R1S Accessories - Floor console organizer / Tesla Charger Adapter / Phone Mount / Bed Mat / Etc. 1656018192774

Rivian R1T R1S Accessories - Floor console organizer / Tesla Charger Adapter / Phone Mount / Bed Mat / Etc. 1656018161063

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Ask and you shall receive! Plate where magnet is (where velcro I added is on mine) is adjustable, side to side, up/down or can swivel.
Thanks! That looks great, definitely would blend in well with the phone on there.

OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Thanks! That looks great, definitely would blend in well with the phone on there.
Yes, it blends well. Just looks like a third screen between the two. For those that don't use a phone case, the magnet is strong and allows you to position the phone anywhere on the mount to best suit your viewing angle.

I tend to lean a little left with the phone to avoid accidental touches on the center screen.

I'm not a fan of the phone being on the dash board and can't see it when it's on the center console charger, so this seems to be my best option. Same general space I used to put velcro on the Tesla to stick the phone next to the screen. Without a flat surface on the Rivian, just velcro wasn't really an option. Happy with this set up so far. Definitely nice to have the phone in view when using google maps navigation, when the Rivian navigation can't find an address for some reason. Or am back in the hills with no cell service where the Rivian navigation is practically useless. Hoping they update it in the near future to search first based on GPS rather than cell service.

Found another camera to take a photo with the phone on there.....
Rivian R1T R1S Accessories - Floor console organizer / Tesla Charger Adapter / Phone Mount / Bed Mat / Etc. 1656068728935

Last edited:

Deleted member 7086

Again, for any one interested. Do with these as you choose. Needed a rubber bed mat to help prevent things from sliding all over the place. Naturally, nobody makes one specifically for the Rivian yet. When they do, I'll order it. In the mean time, ordered this universal one and cut it down. Was fairly easy to cut with all-purpose type cutters. It's 4' x 8' from the seller. I cut the length down to 52 3/4" to allow space for the fold over flap that folds up when you close the tailgate. It takes up about an inch of space/length in the bed when the tailgate is closed (the one that covers the hinges to make a flat floor when the tailgate is down. I put the cut end toward the cab with the molded end toward the tailgate since that's the side that will be seen. Although, was proud of myself for completing a pretty straight cut! :)

At 4' wide, its the same exact width of the spare tire cover. Happy with it as a temporary solution until a specific cut one comes out. I didn't want to get into a larger one that I had to also cut the sides and fender wells out. The fender wells are so small inside the bed anyway, so there's very little plastic exposed with this one.

1655861219664.png

1655861239851.png

1655861343921.png
Found a nice black heavy duty mat at Home Depot 4x6 cut the length down to fit.

Sponsored

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
--------------------------------------
Organizer - Cup holders and Foldable Pockets - Water Resistant Backseat Organizer for Toys, Snacks and other utensils
www.amazon.com/dp/B01MDOZLT1?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

With no floor console, needed something to keep things organized. Hoping Rivian, like Tesla did, offers some type of optional console for the floor space between the front seats some time soon.

This is far from the best solution, but is the best temporary solution I could find. Fits snugly in that space, not using the fold out cup holders it has. It at least, will allow me to keep things from flying around. I remember the early days of the Tesla and hated the open space. Was one of the first to order the console when they offered it. Will be first in line to order one from Rivian as soon as they offer one. With the extreme lack of interior storage space within driver's reach, definitely need something.

Will keep looking for something better while we wait hoping Rivian releases something specifically for the Rivian.

1655535881549.png

Do you have a photo with the organizer in the truck?

OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Can you update us on the mat?

It does look like the one from OP is thick rubber and I have had one for nearly 20 years - just moved it from truck to truck over the years. It was for a long bed tacoma and has wheel wells. I think it should last forever and it absolutely keeps stuff form rolling around.

It is a bummer that Lectron has been out of the 48 amp adapter. I actually bought one and they contacted me that they were out of stock - but said they' d get them in a few weeks - thinking I needed it soon they substituted the 40 amp adapter. I cannot find anything similar anywhere. Tesla Tap has a 50 amp adapter for about $200. Not really sure the difference between 40 amp and 48 amp in terms of charge or miles per hour of charge. May be 5 miles or so? But if using the outlet for two cars it could make all the difference.

Cheers.
The mat I have is thick and heavy. I wanted something I didn't have to "mount" in the truck. Instructions for many of them say to drill holes and mount them into a bedliner. No way I was doing that. With the tonneau cover, certainly not going anywhere. The only time the tonneau will open while driving is when I have something in there. But, with as heavy as it is, even if I drove with the tonneau open and nothing in the bed, I'm pretty confident that thing isn't going anywhere.

Regarding the adapter, there should be an option in the link above to get on the waitlist for when they are available again. Otherwise, can check e-bay, sure they'll pop up there too.
Just did an internet search, appears you can order one directly from Lectron for $149.99

https://ev-lectron.com/products/lec...tination-chargers-and-mobile-connectors-black

metroman99

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Model 3, Chevy Volt
I bought the Lectron 40A Tesla adapter () and it would not work on my R1T - the J1772 end was SUPER tight when plugging into the truck. Would only charge if I held it just right - as soon as I let go the charge stopped. Had a lot of trouble removing it as well. Sent it back and now waiting on a Tesla Tap 50A adapter. I'm using this with a Gen 1 Tesla mobile charger.

AltaTruck

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda RX8, R1T, Alta EXR (road) , Alta EXR (woods)
Occupation
Retired Science teacher
I just got back from Tractor Supply. I bought a Horse Stall Mat. It is 4' x 6' x 1" very heavy duty rubber which is textured on one side and smooth on the other. The cost was $49.

Opa

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Tacoma
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Lectron Tesla to J1772 Charging Adapter
I bought this one as well. Works great on the Tesla Destination chargers. Bought direct from Lectron. They gave me a 5% discount.
Sponsored