Sponsored

Accessories - Floor console organizer / Tesla Charger Adapter / Phone Mount / Bed Mat / Etc.

OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

EDITED ORIGINAL POST TO INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING REGARDING TPMS.....

RE: TIRE PRESSURE MONITOR SENSOR NOTED IN ORIGINAL POST.........BUYERS BEWARE!

EDIT: 02/06/2023 - DUE TO FEEDBACK FROM OTHER BUYERS AM TAKING THIS OFF MY RECOMMENDED LIST. WHILE I WAS ABLE TO SUCCESSFULLY GET A SET OF SENSORS WORKING ON MY TRUCK, THEY ARE FINICKY AND REQUIRE A PROGRAMMING TOOL TO GET THEM WORKING. NEED TO MAKE SURE YOUR TIRE SHOP HAS AN UPDATED PROGRAMMING TOOL THAT INCLUDES THE RIVIAN CODES. ASK IN ADVANCE. SO FAR, IT APPEARS THAT MOST DO NOT. MANY SENSORS REQUIRING ACTIVATION (NOT PROGRAMMING) WHICH IS THE CASE WITH THESE AS WELL. SOME SENSORS ARE SIMPLE PLUG AND PLAY, THESE ARE NOT. SOONER OR LATER, MOST TIRE SHOPS WILL GET THEIR PROGRAMMERS UPDATED TO INCLUDE THE RIVIAN ACTIVATION CODES, BUT SINCE MOST APPARENTLY STILL DON'T HAVE THEM, IT CAN MAKE IT DIFFICULT TO GET THEM TO WORK AND THERE'S A VERY DETAILED PROCESS REQUIRED TO DO SO IF IT DOESN'T WORK THE FIRST TIME.

NOT REMOVING FROM MY RECOMMENDED ITEMS SOLELY BECAUSE OF THIS, BUT APPARENTLY TPMS247 HAS BEEN SLOW TO RESPOND TO CUSTOMERS, WHICH TO ME, IS UNACCEPTABLE. ANY COMPANY SHOULD OPENLY COMMUNICATE WITH THEIR CUSTOMERS AND DO ALL THEY CAN TO MAKE SURE THE PRODUCT WORKS WITH THE LEAST AMOUNT OF EFFORT FROM THE CUSTOMER. BASED ON FEEDBACK FROM MULTIPLE CUSTOMERS, TPMS247 HAS FAILED IN THIS RESPECT.

WHILE THEY DO SELL SENSORS THAT WILL WORK, PROCEED WITH CAUTION AT YOUR OWN RISK IF YOU CHOOSE TO DO SO. MOST IMPORTANTLY, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ACCESS TO A PROGRAMMER TOOL, OR THAT YOUR TIRE SHOP HAS ONE UPDATED WITH THE RIVIAN CODES SO YOU CAN "ACTIVATE" THE SENSORS. IF YOU DO, THEN YOU SHOULD BE FINE. IF YOU DON'T, THEN IT COULD BE A STRUGGLE TO GET THE NECESSARY ASSISTANCE OR DIRECTION FROM TPMS247.
Sponsored

dp351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ariel Atom, R1T
Clubs

Thanks for this TPMS update. I’m about to pull the trigger on a set of aftermarket wheels and literally have the TPMS247 sensors in my cart on their website at this moment.

If anyone in the SF Bay Area knows of any tire shops that have the ability to program these for Rivians, please share that info.

Are there any other TPMS sensors that you recommend?

Edit: Just noticed this thread describing the same problem with TPMS247, where someone also recommended these sensors and this tool.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Thanks for this TPMS update. I’m about to pull the trigger on a set of aftermarket wheels and literally have the TPMS247 sensors in my cart on their website at this moment.

If anyone in the SF Bay Area knows of any tire shops that have the ability to program these for Rivians, please share that info.

Are there any other TPMS sensors that you recommend?

Edit: Just noticed this thread describing the same problem with TPMS247, where someone also recommended these sensors and this tool.
Those sensors will require actual programming where as the TPMS247 ones just require activation. In either case, need access to a programmer. One option is to purchase one. Or call around your local tire shops and ask them to check their programmers to see if the Rivian is listed. It's beyond my knowledge whether programming sensors is more complicated than just activating them? I've done the activation, which is very easy to do with the programmer. I haven't tried programming a set of sensors that were not pre-programmed already. So I can't contribute any knowledge as to whether that route is viable. With the TPMS247 sensors, they are pre-programmed, just need to find a programmer tool that's updated. If you happen to be in northern L.A., I have one. But, that probably doesn't help you in northern CA.

FirstStateR1T

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list, I have a problem!
Occupation
Mech. E/GM/COO
Clubs

Those sensors will require actual programming where as the TPMS247 ones just require activation. In either case, need access to a programmer. One option is to purchase one. Or call around your local tire shops and ask them to check their programmers to see if the Rivian is listed. It's beyond my knowledge whether programming sensors is more complicated than just activating them? I've done the activation, which is very easy to do with the programmer. I haven't tried programming a set of sensors that were not pre-programmed already. So I can't contribute any knowledge as to whether that route is viable. With the TPMS247 sensors, they are pre-programmed, just need to find a programmer tool that's updated. If you happen to be in northern L.A., I have one. But, that probably doesn't help you in northern CA.
MY TPMS247 sensors required nothing other than driving around for 5-7mins to fully connect/register.

OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

MY TPMS247 sensors required nothing other than driving around for 5-7mins to fully connect/register.
Did you have a tire shop install them? Possibly they activated them when they installed them? If so, then yes, you just need to drive a little while and they will register.

I have a set that I had working, but then had the wheels powder coated and now the truck doesn't pick them up. I need to take the tire pressures down to less than 8 psi all the way around. Let it sit for 20-30 minutes. Air them back up to 50 psi and let it sit for another 20 minutes, then reactivate them with the programming tool, then drive. They should show up again. I haven't gotten around to doing it yet, but the fact that they worked once gives me confidence that they'll work again, just have to go through the process. Not an issue if you activate and drive them immediately after being installed. But, apparently if they sit aired up before having been activated and read by the truck, then have to go through the process above to mimic a new install.

Sponsored

FirstStateR1T

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list, I have a problem!
Occupation
Mech. E/GM/COO
Clubs

Did you have a tire shop install them? Possibly they activated them when they installed them? If so, then yes, you just need to drive a little while and they will register.

I have a set that I had working, but then had the wheels powder coated and now the truck doesn't pick them up. I need to take the tire pressures down to less than 8 psi all the way around. Let it sit for 20-30 minutes. Air them back up to 50 psi and let it sit for another 20 minutes, then reactivate them with the programming tool, then drive. They should show up again. I haven't gotten around to doing it yet, but the fact that they worked once gives me confidence that they'll work again, just have to go through the process. Not an issue if you activate and drive them immediately after being installed. But, apparently if they sit aired up before having been activated and read by the truck, then have to go through the process above to mimic a new install.
Shop only did the mount and balance. I then brought the wheels and tires home and mounted them about a week later onto the truck. Super strange the inconsistency with the sensors that people are having.

dp351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ariel Atom, R1T
Clubs

Another TPMS question - What happens if you don’t use any sensors at all? I’m considering this for the spare that I’m putting together. Does it have to have a TPMS sensor?

OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Another TPMS question - What happens if you don’t use any sensors at all? I’m considering this for the spare that I’m putting together. Does it have to have a TPMS sensor?
Truck will just put up an error about no sensors or sensors not working. Won't impact anything else. Possible with them not there at all, you could clear the error message. With mine, being that they are in and being read by the truck, I just get the error that I need to air them up to 50 psi.

OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Just got this bed mat in today to replace the original one I had to cut to size. This one was cheap and is custom made specifically for the Rivian.

Not sure which one I prefer. Am going to try the new one out for a while. The one I had (see prior post) was a very heavy duty rubber mat that laid in there pretty flat. This one, while cut specifically to fit the Rivian, is a notably lighter plastic/rubber combination material that bows up a little bit in some places. They say to let it get warm and it should flatten out.

With my old one, it didn't go around the wheel wells whereas this one does, but that was never a problem for me. We'll see if this one flattens out a looks a little more natural.

One advantage to the new one being a much lighter material is that the spare tire well cover now stays up on its own when open. The other mat was too heavy for the shocks and had to prop it up. But, being much heavier duty, it offered great protection and didn't move a millimeter when driving around. This one shouldn't move either since it's form fit, but could possibly buckle up a little if wind gets in there the right way.

Since it has some plastic in its material, it looks a little cheaper as well. The other mat was all thick rubber only (see both images below).

Will provide an update in a few weeks on my final verdict.

Here's the Amazon link for the mat I got.

www.amazon.com/RIVIGEAR-Weather-Compatible-Heavy-Duty-Durable/dp/B0C2TV2J9G/ref=sr_1_15?crid=1DIJRNMYDP4D5&keywords=rivian+bed&qid=1687427827&sprefix=rivian+bed%2Caps%2C143&sr=8-15&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.006c50ae-5d4c-4777-9bc0-4513d670b6bc
Rivian R1T R1S Accessories - Floor console organizer / Tesla Charger Adapter / Phone Mount / Bed Mat / Etc. 1687428091661

This is the new one......
Rivian R1T R1S Accessories - Floor console organizer / Tesla Charger Adapter / Phone Mount / Bed Mat / Etc. 1687218702441

This is the one I took out......
Rivian R1T R1S Accessories - Floor console organizer / Tesla Charger Adapter / Phone Mount / Bed Mat / Etc. 1687218651412

Last edited:
OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

FINALLY, A CENTER CONSOLE TRAY THAT FITS "PERFECTLY"

Have tried at least 6 of these things. The two noted previously in this thread fit, but would get a little sticky trying to pull them out and felt a little flimsy with the mini-posts that hold it in.

Ordered two more. One didn't fit at all. The other, has nice big overhangs that keeps it from sinking into the console and getting stuck. ABS plastic rather than 3D printed so nice quality. Comes with pre-cut rubber mats. A nice looking piece and slides in and out SO EASILY. I'm finally DONE buying these things!!

SKTU UPGRADED for 2022 2023 Rivian R1T/R1S Center Console Organizer 2023 Rivian R1T Adventure/R1S Adventure Tray Armrest Secondary Storage Box 2022 2023 R1T/R1S Accessories with Coin Holder
www.amazon.com/dp/B0B638SYF2?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

1687562903132.png

FYI - DO NOT BUY THIS ONE (LINK BELOW), DOES NOT FIT. I COULDN'T EVEN GET IT TO GO IN, LET ALONE, TAKE IT OUT.
www.amazon.com/dp/B0BV6P7SQ1?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Rivian R1T R1S Accessories - Floor console organizer / Tesla Charger Adapter / Phone Mount / Bed Mat / Etc. 1687563111054

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Still love this one. I still have my Rivian, love it, but still buy and sell a bunch of cars. Keep finding myself order more and more of these things. Wish I could get a bulk price on them. They seem to be a perfect fit in almost any car.

Copied from the original post above...................

Peak Design Mobile Car Mount VHB - Black
www.amazon.com/dp/B09FV4QHTS?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

And one more item I picked up thus far, the Peak Design Mobile Car Mount VHB Black (not a charger).

In my Tesla Model S, I always kept it very simple. Put a piece of Velcro on the flat surface directly to the left of the center vertical screen. Add the opposite side of Velcro to the back of the phone and so easily, had my phone at eye level, next to the screen. Have done something similar on virtually every car I've owned. Put it up, pull it down. No mounts to deal with, unclamping, sliding it in, etc, etc.

Unfortunately, on the Rivian, there is no flat surface to accomplish this. Don't want it on the dashboard. Don't want it on the wireless charger where I can't see it.

Found this mount. A very simple, but effective design. Double sided tape onto the wood surface just below the metal trim in the space between the two screens. The wood is at an angle, but this fits nicely. And when placed correctly, the flat plate (magnet) is basically flush with the center screen. So, with the phone there, it's like having three screens all lined up with each other.

In my case, because I have a thick case on my phone to protect it when I drop it, I can't use the magnet, so I just put a piece of Velcro over the magnet. Already had the Velcro on the back of my phone case and it's basically in the same relative spot as it was in my Tesla. Simple 10 second installation. For those with no case, will stick up there with the magnet. The plate swivels, so you can position it just right.

Rivian R1T R1S Accessories - Floor console organizer / Tesla Charger Adapter / Phone Mount / Bed Mat / Etc. 1706262209773

rspoon

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian RS1
Can you please send a picture of this 'installed'? I dont quite follow!

AlexTFLee

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Quad Motor Large Pack 2023
Occupation
Retired
Yes, it blends well. Just looks like a third screen between the two. For those that don't use a phone case, the magnet is strong and allows you to position the phone anywhere on the mount to best suit your viewing angle.

I tend to lean a little left with the phone to avoid accidental touches on the center screen.

I'm not a fan of the phone being on the dash board and can't see it when it's on the center console charger, so this seems to be my best option. Same general space I used to put velcro on the Tesla to stick the phone next to the screen. Without a flat surface on the Rivian, just velcro wasn't really an option. Happy with this set up so far. Definitely nice to have the phone in view when using google maps navigation, when the Rivian navigation can't find an address for some reason. Or am back in the hills with no cell service where the Rivian navigation is practically useless. Hoping they update it in the near future to search first based on GPS rather than cell service.

Found another camera to take a photo with the phone on there.....
1656068728935.png
I looked at that spot in my R1S, but it seems the steering wheel is impeding the view of the phone. Is that not the case where you have your steering wheel? Also, is your phone not being charged while you are using Google Map? Or are you using a cable?

OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I looked at that spot in my R1S, but it seems the steering wheel is impeding the view of the phone. Is that not the case where you have your steering wheel? Also, is your phone not being charged while you are using Google Map? Or are you using a cable?
The view is impeded a little by the steering wheel, but so is the center screen. just a matter of tilting your head over to see what you need to see. And definitely a better option than having it down on the center console where you really have to look away if you need to see it. We're not supposed to be using our phones while driving, but this is the least distracting way. Also, taking advantage of what space is available to put a mount.

And yes, when it needs a charge, just plug it in. Cable runs under the dash to the 12V plug, so it stays pretty well out of sight.

AlexTFLee

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Quad Motor Large Pack 2023
Occupation
Retired
The view is impeded a little by the steering wheel, but so is the center screen. just a matter of tilting your head over to see what you need to see. And definitely a better option than having it down on the center console where you really have to look away if you need to see it. We're not supposed to be using our phones while driving, but this is the least distracting way. Also, taking advantage of what space is available to put a mount.

And yes, when it needs a charge, just plug it in. Cable runs under the dash to the 12V plug, so it stays pretty well out of sight.
Thank you. Unfortunately, Rivian decided to remove the 12V plug in their 2023 models for some reason, so I don't have a power source at the dash for a phone.
Sponsored