Sponsored

Accessories - Floor console organizer / Tesla Charger Adapter / Phone Mount / Bed Mat / Etc.

OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

I've been dealing with cables as we have a Tesla and now the Rivian. I just realized that our local utility gives you $500 off a charger. So it appears a charger with the right connector is cheaper than buying some additional connector to use at home. Go figure.

I'm going to get that dedicated charger because it allows Wi-Fi and monitoring whereas using an additional Tesla cable to the dryer outlet seems to get a bit hot and for some odd reason adapting Tesla to rivian doesn't get me the right amount of charge. At 40 amps that Tesla will charge about 28 mph. It seems the rivian will only get up to 15 or less. Not a deal breaker. Maybe it's my error. I think installing the dryer outlet type in the garage might be a better choice than doing some dedicated wired charger unless you're trying to get up to 60 amps which, from my understanding won't work on the rivian as you're limited to something like 28 amps or something.... Maybe?
I could be wrong, but I think anyone saying they're using their Tesla chargers are using the High Powered Wall Chargers that are installed in their homes, with the Lectron adapter to the J1772 plug. Don't believe anyone is using a Tesla "mobile" charger to plug into a dryer outlet, then use an adapter on that. In that case, may as well use the Rivian Mobile charger and plug into the dryer outlet, if the plug is the same. The differences being the hardwired chargers from Rivian or Tesla versus the mobile chargers that come with the cars and plug into a 14/50 NEMA outlet.
Sponsored

OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

When we got a model 3 and 2018 we installed the dryer outlet and simply got an additional cable. We always wanted to have a cable in the car and did not want to have to put away a hose every time we got into the car. So with the Rivian and I want to keep the charge cable in the car.

I suppose I'll break out the cable for the truck and see if it's any different than using the Tesla cable with the adapter...
I get it. If you're satisfied with the charge rate you're getting, then by all means, keep using the Tesla charger. I use the Tesla wall charger still for my Rivian. But, it's an 80 amp charger so I get good rates from it. I completely understand your preference to not have to pack it up every time and completely agree. That's why I had one installed, but had I not done that, then absolutely would have gotten a second portable charger to use at home so I can leave one in the car. If it works for you and gets you enough miles per hour charged into the vehicle, then save the money and keep using it. Probably not a bad option actually.

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

I bought the bed mat from the original post and didn't read the reviews. The image shows a plain mat but what arrives has a large logo that says "Skid Gard" on it. Thankfully my logo was placed in a location where it was completely cut off when I trimmed it, but it seems like placement is a little inconsistent and others have it right in the center of the mat or off to one side.

Just something to keep in mind. I'll definitely be replacing it with one made specifically for Rivian. Hopefully s00n.

OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I bought the bed mat from the original post and didn't read the reviews. The image shows a plain mat but what arrives has a large logo that says "Skid Gard" on it. Thankfully my logo was placed in a location where it was completely cut off when I trimmed it, but it seems like placement is a little inconsistent and others have it right in the center of the mat or off to one side.

Just something to keep in mind. I'll definitely be replacing it with one made specifically for Rivian. Hopefully s00n.
Interesting. Mine didn't have a logo on it. But, glad it wasn't part of it when you cut it to fit. I do like the the thickness of it. Certainly isn't going anywhere and is a good temporary fix until a specific one is made. The tractor mat other's commented on is definitely a lot thinner material. Can tell by how tightly rolled up it is in their image. The OP one is thick and should protect the bed from any damage. Not sure how the tractor mat would do if the tonneau cover were left open. Hopefully someone that bought one of those can comment?

OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

It appears that using the Tesla mobile charger with the CCS adapter results in about 8 miles an hour of charge. When I use the Rivian cable I get the respectable 16 or 18. Funny, using the rivian cable with the Tesla adapter on the Tesla seems to give me the same 16 MI per hour.

I guess I'm glad I did a little bit of research because the local utility essentially is giving you a CCS charger after the rebate. I'll just install that. I don't even know if they're selling Rivian cables right now. I think the Tesla table was 500 bucks back in 2018, but was a hell of a lot less than a Tesla wall charger.
8 miles is pretty low. I get about 20 miles per hour using the 80 amp Tesla charger, which Rivian only use 48 amps of. 20 works great for my needs. 8 miles per hour wouldn't be enough for me personally. I am surprised it's that much slower. If I just plug in a mobile charger to my dryer outlet, I get around 13-14 miles per hour.

Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
It says it supports 48 amps, so should actually be even faster. Next time I charge, will try to remember to check the charging rate while its charging and will update this post.
The Lectron adapter is good for 48A. The rate at which the vehicle will charge is determined by the Tesla HPWC to which it is connected, With Gen 3 HPWC the maximum is 48A if the HPWC was commissioned for 48A. With a Gen 2 the maximum is also 48A even if the HPWC is comissioned for a 100A circuit (80A charging) because 48A is the maximum the R1T will take even if the HPWC can deliver more.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
It appears that using the Tesla mobile charger with the CCS adapter results i
There is no CCS here so I don't know what it meant by "CCS adapter". The Lectron adapter under discussion here adapts between the Tesla wand (which handles both AC and DC charging) and the SAE J1772 part of the receptacle on the truck which is limited to AC. A well made adapter signals the current capabilities of the HPWC but can also limit what it signals to the truck to less that what the capability of the HPWC is if the capacity of the adapter is limited. Thus I think the Lectron unit signals 48A even if a 80A HPWC is plugged into it.

Note also that a HPWC that supplies m miles per hour charge to your 250 Wh/mi Tesla will only supply m*250/400 = 0.625*m mph to your 400 Wh/mi Rivian.

AltaTruck

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda RX8, R1T, Alta EXR (road) , Alta EXR (woods)
Occupation
Retired Science teacher
I needed to get my truck inspected and they neded to put it up on a lift, so I fabricated these pucks last night in prep for today. They worked perfectly.
Rivian R1T R1S Accessories - Floor console organizer / Tesla Charger Adapter / Phone Mount / Bed Mat / Etc. IMG_7665
Rivian R1T R1S Accessories - Floor console organizer / Tesla Charger Adapter / Phone Mount / Bed Mat / Etc. IMG_7668
Rivian R1T R1S Accessories - Floor console organizer / Tesla Charger Adapter / Phone Mount / Bed Mat / Etc. IMG_7666

OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

The $38 Amazon truck mat for a short bed Dodge worked really well. I just had to cut it with a box knife. I'll see about attaching some pics here....

I think it's useful information for those who are waiting for a legitimate mat and looking for something that's a workaround without spending $200.

PXL_20220727_031713823.jpg
That definitely looks like a lot thinner material than the one I used. Seeing it be able to roll-up around the edges (as shown in the photo). Not sure what the weight of it is and if it will not allow the wind to get underneath and pick it up while driving? I wanted a nice thick and heavy one to ensure no damage to the bed of the truck, but to also ensure that it won't move. If I had to guess, mine, cut down to size, probably still weighs well over 20 lbs. All depends on the reason for needing one and if you're willing to "mount" it or attach it to the truck. With the tonneau closed, certainly not an issue. But, with so many tonneau covers breaking, I keep waiting for the day mine joins the crowd. LOL. Will feel comfortable leaving the bed mat in with the tonneau open and nothing in the bed if the need should arise.

OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

It is about as thick as the Westin mat that's been in three of my tacomas for close to 20 years. There is some weight to it. I'll have to check on the curling. It just came rolled up in a box but it weighed about 40 or 50 lb.

I've always had a canopy so maybe it'll blow out of this truck.

What's goofy about the truck is it's a relatively short bed until you open up the tailgate. Then there seems to be a few more feet. Interesting how to cover that with a bed mat that doesn't interfere with closing the tailgate. Someone will probably come up with some sort of folding end of it.
PXL_20220727_025314310.MP.jpg
Looks a little thicker from this photo's angle. At 40-50 lbs, that's not too bad. Better than what I expected from the original photos. Mine did come rolled up as well, but immediately laid flat due to the weight of it. So, probably still thicker, but not as big of a difference as it originally appeared to be.

Yes, the Rivian bed is awkwardly sized. Didn't realize how short it was until seeing it in person. I guess the space for the tonneau cover misleads your eyes to think its a larger bed when looking at it from the outside. For those that don't mind leaving their tailgate down to haul stuff, then yes, they did a good job at extending the usable space with the hinged tailgate. For me, didn't really need a truck, but like having the utility of one available on the rare occasions that I do. Plus, the truck is just cool as heck and I do like bigger vehicles over sedans. Bed size works well for me. The tailgate setup does help make it possible to use for those that need the floor space.

Sponsored

ksujeff99

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Financial Services
I needed to get my truck inspected and they neded to put it up on a lift, so I fabricated these pucks last night in prep for today. They worked perfectly.
Looks great! Do you have access to a mill? What was your build process?

AltaTruck

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda RX8, R1T, Alta EXR (road) , Alta EXR (woods)
Occupation
Retired Science teacher
I do have a mill but I just cut sections of 3 1/2" stock on the band saw then trued them up on the lathe. The smaller bar stock I turned the smaller diameter and cut the O-ring groove, faced the ends, and chamfered the edges. After TIG welding the pieces, I sand blasted and powder coated the surfaces. The O-ring is custom fit so it wedges in the hole and doesn't drop out before you get the jack underneath. Maybe I will drill a hole of the small diameter in the pad end so that they can be stacked together to save storage space.

OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

EDIT: 02/06/2023 - DUE TO FEEDBACK FROM OTHER BUYERS AM TAKING THIS OFF MY RECOMMENDED LIST. WHILE I WAS ABLE TO SUCCESSFULLY GET A SET OF SENSORS WORKING ON MY TRUCK, THEY ARE FINICKY AND REQUIRE A PROGRAMMING TOOL TO GET THEM WORKING. NEED TO MAKE SURE YOUR TIRE SHOP HAS AN UPDATED PROGRAMMING TOOL THAT INCLUDES THE RIVIAN CODES. ASK IN ADVANCE. SO FAR, IT APPEARS THAT MOST DO NOT. MANY SENSORS REQUIRING ACTIVATION (NOT PROGRAMMING) WHICH IS THE CASE WITH THESE AS WELL. SOME SENSORS ARE SIMPLE PLUG AND PLAY, THESE ARE NOT. SOONER OR LATER, MOST TIRE SHOPS WILL GET THEIR PROGRAMMERS UPDATED TO INCLUDE THE RIVIAN ACTIVATION CODES, BUT SINCE MOST APPARENTLY STILL DON'T HAVE THEM, IT CAN MAKE IT DIFFICULT TO GET THEM TO WORK AND THERE'S A VERY DETAILED PROCESS REQUIRED TO DO SO IF IT DOESN'T WORK THE FIRST TIME.

NOT REMOVING FROM MY RECOMMENDED ITEMS SOLELY BECAUSE OF THIS, BUT APPARENTLY TPMS247 HAS BEEN SLOW TO RESPOND TO CUSTOMERS, WHICH TO ME, IS UNACCEPTABLE. ANY COMPANY SHOULD OPENLY COMMUNICATE WITH THEIR CUSTOMERS AND DO ALL THEY CAN TO MAKE SURE THE PRODUCT WORKS WITH THE LEAST AMOUNT OF EFFORT FROM THE CUSTOMER. BASED ON FEEDBACK FROM MULTIPLE CUSTOMERS, TPMS247 HAS FAILED IN THIS RESPECT.

WHILE THEY DO SELL SENSORS THAT WILL WORK, PROCEED WITH CAUTION AT YOUR OWN RISK IF YOU CHOOSE TO DO SO. MOST IMPORTANTLY, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ACCESS TO A PROGRAMMER TOOL, OR THAT YOUR TIRE SHOP HAS ONE UPDATED WITH THE RIVIAN CODES SO YOU CAN "ACTIVATE" THE SENSORS. IF YOU DO, THEN YOU SHOULD BE FINE. IF YOU DON'T, THEN IT COULD BE A STRUGGLE TO GET THE NECESSARY ASSISTANCE OR DIRECTION FROM TPMS247.

EDITED ORIGINAL POST 09/23/2022 - TWO NEW ADDITIONS TODAY!

Rivian R1T R1S Accessories - Floor console organizer / Tesla Charger Adapter / Phone Mount / Bed Mat / Etc. 1663973368553-

VERY HAPPY TO REPORT, WE FINALLY GOT THE TIRE PRESSURE SENSORS FIGURED OUT AND WORKING. Thanks to Jon at https://tpms247.com/ for getting it done.

------------------------------------------------------

And as little as it may be, this is one of my happiest additions!

www.amazon.com/dp/B0B7RGNVWD?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
LFOTPP Car Center Console Organizer for 2022+ Rivain R1T / R1S Tray Glove Box Sunglasses Holder Car Accessories Secondary Storage Box (Black)

Rivian R1T R1S Accessories - Floor console organizer / Tesla Charger Adapter / Phone Mount / Bed Mat / Etc. 1663973257975-

EDIT: 09/29/2022 - See post #48 below. I did also purchase Twraps version of their organizer. See post #48 for my details regarding my opinion between that one and the one shown here (directly above).

Last edited:
Reactions: pdq

DynoSaur

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Occupation
Network Engineer
Yes, it blends well. Just looks like a third screen between the two. For those that don't use a phone case, the magnet is strong and allows you to position the phone anywhere on the mount to best suit your viewing angle.

I tend to lean a little left with the phone to avoid accidental touches on the center screen.

I'm not a fan of the phone being on the dash board and can't see it when it's on the center console charger, so this seems to be my best option. Same general space I used to put velcro on the Tesla to stick the phone next to the screen. Without a flat surface on the Rivian, just velcro wasn't really an option. Happy with this set up so far. Definitely nice to have the phone in view when using google maps navigation, when the Rivian navigation can't find an address for some reason. Or am back in the hills with no cell service where the Rivian navigation is practically useless. Hoping they update it in the near future to search first based on GPS rather than cell service.

Found another camera to take a photo with the phone on there.....
1656068728935.png
This looks awesome. I know it’s an old thread - but curious how the phone mount is attached to the wood.

Is it glue/adhesive/3m?

Love the solution and looks awesome there - very concerned about damage to the finished wood.

Thanks for sharing this whole set of accessories. Super helpful. 2 of these already sitting in my amazon cart :)

-Keith

OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

This looks awesome. I know it’s an old thread - but curious how the phone mount is attached to the wood.

Is it glue/adhesive/3m?

Love the solution and looks awesome there - very concerned about damage to the finished wood.

Thanks for sharing this whole set of accessories. Super helpful. 2 of these already sitting in my amazon cart :)

-Keith
3M tape. In the past, I haven't had any issues. I've used 3M tape on other wood dashes in the past. Can't say for certain until the day comes that I need to remove it, but, being that it's a universal mount for almost any type of phone, would probably just leave it there if I were to sell the truck.

Typically, if you're gentle with it and more, peel off the tape by rolling it off with your finger, "shouldn't" do any damage to the wood behind.
Sponsored