First Name
Rodrigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tacoma TRD pro
Occupation
Software Developer
I recently received my R1T, it has been sunny here in California and the cabin gets quite hot when the vehicle is parked. My experience with my Tacoma truck which also had a black interior was amazing since I pushed the ac to lowest and it would cool the cabin in minutes. Unfortunately this is not the case with the R1T, I enabled the cool cabin feature from my phone 30 minutes before I started my drive, the car was still very hot inside. I drove it for 20 mins and even though the setting was to low-cold it was blowing to temperature air.

Has anyone faced this issue?
Sponsored

drhnbtx

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"22 R1T '07 FJ Cruiser, '13 Chevy 2500, '18 XC90
My only "hot" day experience here in Central Texas was yesterday @ 90 degrees. I used the cool down feature before leaving my office. It cooled from 122 to 95 in 5 to 10 minutes(wasn't timing it) The A/C continued to cool effectively for my ride home. Sorry to hear about your experience. I would try to re-create the experience and/or contact Service Support. Best of luck, and keep us posted.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I suspect your ac/heat weren't on. Got me the first day or so. Press the button highlighted below.
Rivian R1T R1S AC not blowing cold air 20220401_143834
Rivian R1T R1S AC not blowing cold air 20220401_143847

OP
OP
First Name
Rodrigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tacoma TRD pro
Occupation
Software Developer
@godfodder0901 thanks! I do have it activated, I had a support call and they suggested to reset the car, but still same issue. They will submit a ticket to the tech team and will get back within 24 to 48 hours.
Rivian R1T R1S AC not blowing cold air PXL_20220401_222026155

PoorPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have some vehicles and stuff
Clubs

Did you try turning on the floor vents and seat ventilation? Both have helped in the my southern heat…this early in April.

Sponsored

OP
OP
First Name
Rodrigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tacoma TRD pro
Occupation
Software Developer
Did you try turning on the floor vents and seat ventilation? Both have helped in the my southern heat…this early in April.
Yes, it is worst since the air is distributed, besides the fact the weather feels like summer time, it's simply not providing cool air. I have a 91 bmw E30 and that thing blows ice cold, I wonder if electric cars use freon and maybe it is missing. Haven't heard from support team, hopefully I will get some news on Monday.

PoorPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have some vehicles and stuff
Clubs

Weird. I’m Interested to hear what they say.

OP
OP
First Name
Rodrigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tacoma TRD pro
Occupation
Software Developer
Hey everyone! For those interested this is the summary of the problem.

------------------
Cause: - Confirmed condition of HVAC not blowing cold. Performed evacuate and vacuum test of the ACsystem. Passed test. Prior to filling with refrigerant, the machine performed a high pressure test.Upon that test, I heard hissing from the pressure sensor located on top of the condenser assy.Found that it was loose. Tightened the sensor and now is air tight. Filled with 750G of 1234yf.Now, system blows cold.

Correction/Remedy: - Refrigerant Evacuate and Recharge - Climate Control General Diagnostic - Low Voltage Electrical General Diagnostic
----------------------

Their service team was amazing, special thanks to Katie from the West Sacramento service center. She even took care of some issues with latches of the driver side gear tunnel door and tailgate, and the headliner coming a tad bit off from the rear right passenger door side.

Truck is back on the road and ready :)

OP
OP
First Name
Rodrigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tacoma TRD pro
Occupation
Software Developer
UPDATE!

The A/C stopped working again, took it to the service center and they found a leak. It is fixed but just wanted to share if in case someone else encounters the issue with A/C not blowing cold, especially on hot days with 70 to 100 percent charge.

KYR1SMan

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
Veterinarian
We in KY had 80 degree weather last week. First time to turn on A/C. There is no cold air.. just blowing .. pet mode will not cool down cabin either. I have done a hard reboot. Made sure the blue ❄ is illuminated and power on. NO LUCK… I submitted a ticket, but will be a couple of weeks before earliest appointment. Has anyone else had this problem, and solution?
Sponsored