Sponsored

WrekEE

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order, Model Y P, Tundra TRD Pro
Pretty easy for me to come in under $80k...

Screenshot_20230314_140341_Chrome.jpg
Thats what I figured...if you want any other color other then silver and white, need to do somethign with the wheels
Sponsored

OP
OP
shrink

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

I’m actually in touch with a vendor on Etsy to make that yellow Rivian logo as a sticker. It’s way too narrow to paint in my option.

Will keep you all posted.
Okay, got the stickers to emulate the Rivian logo. They look pretty good, but they need to be modified. They’re slightly too wide. Also, I asked that the Rivian letters be stenciled such that the letters would take on the background color. However, that was a mistake. There’s just more opportunity for dirt and debris to get caught in the letters. They are also more susceptible to damage when washing.

I’m going to drive around with them for a few weeks and assess durability, but I think I’ll order other run of these from my Etsy vendor down the line with a few minor changes.

Rivian R1T R1S A/T Brights Powdercoated to Glossy Black 3CF14ABF-C3EE-4614-8FDE-228E8DBA972F
Rivian R1T R1S A/T Brights Powdercoated to Glossy Black 02FDC74D-FBD0-450C-99CD-46055728C61B
Rivian R1T R1S A/T Brights Powdercoated to Glossy Black 5C04E046-3081-461A-B615-D8198BE30C3D
Rivian R1T R1S A/T Brights Powdercoated to Glossy Black AD9E4CE9-EA45-4E78-B6FE-031B1399B04A

tiltedandsaltyaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Okay, got the stickers to emulate the Rivian logo. They look pretty good, but they need to be modified. They’re slightly too wide. Also, I asked that the Rivian letters be stenciled such that the letters would take on the background color. However, that was a mistake. There’s just more opportunity for dirt and debris to get caught in the letters. They are also more susceptible to damage when washing.

I’m going to drive around with them for a few weeks and assess durability, but I think I’ll order other run of these from my Etsy vendor down the line with a few minor changes.

3CF14ABF-C3EE-4614-8FDE-228E8DBA972F.jpeg
02FDC74D-FBD0-450C-99CD-46055728C61B.jpeg
5C04E046-3081-461A-B615-D8198BE30C3D.jpeg
AD9E4CE9-EA45-4E78-B6FE-031B1399B04A.jpeg
mind sharing the store/order info you used to get these stickers?

OP
OP
shrink

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

mind sharing the store/order info you used to get these stickers?
I found this dude on Etsy to make them for me. He knows his stuff. Ships from like Turkey or something, but only takes a week to arrive to the US. He's very prompt and responsive.

I told him I wanted the stickers on the wheels and he recommended a particular 3M film that would be appropriate for that outdoor application. He picked a pretty close 3M yellow color as well. He just needed measurements, which I guesstimated and provided.

Only thing is it's minimum order of 50. I have only 5 wheels, but it also only cost about $50, so I didn't mind. I have extras just in case.

I also asked that the Rivian letters be stenciled such that the black would match the wheel color. In retrospect I’m not sure that was a good idea because it’s just more opportunity for debris to get caught or stuck and lift or tear the sticker. I think printing the letters in black on the sticker is the smarter move, but mine are holding up and I have tons of extras.

I’m not going to post the vendor publicly in case Rivian files a cease and desist over trademark concerns. PM me for that information. Also, if anyone wants extras, I have 45 left. Happy to drop in the mail. I’ll probably keep 10 for myself in case I need to re-apply.

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

I found this dude on Etsy to make them for me. He knows his stuff. Ships from like Turkey or something, but only takes a week to arrive to the US. He's very prompt and responsive.

I told him I wanted the stickers on the wheels and he recommended a particular 3M film that would be appropriate for that outdoor application. He picked a pretty close 3M yellow color as well. He just needed measurements, which I guesstimated and provided.

Only thing is it's minimum order of 50. I have only 5 wheels, but it also only cost about $50, so I didn't mind. I have extras just in case.

I also asked that the Rivian letters be stenciled such that the black would match the wheel color. In retrospect I’m not sure that was a good idea because it’s just more opportunity for debris to get caught or stuck and lift or tear the sticker. I think printing the letters in black on the sticker is the smarter move, but mine are holding up and I have tons of extras.

I’m not going to post the vendor publicly in case Rivian files a cease and desist over trademark concerns. PM me for that information. Also, if anyone wants extras, I have 45 left. Happy to drop in the mail. I’ll probably keep 10 for myself in case I need to re-apply.
All those words, but still didn't answer the question: Who made the labels?

Sorry, I should cut you some slack. It's so f'ing hot down there this week, it's easy to get off track when your brain is melting.

Sponsored

OP
OP
shrink

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

All those words, but still didn't answer the question: Who made the labels?

Sorry, I should cut you some slack. It's so f'ing hot down there this week, it's easy to get off track when your brain is melting.
Amidst all the words from my melting brain. And yes - it's miserably hot down here.

I’m not going to post the vendor publicly in case Rivian files a cease and desist over trademark concerns. PM me for that information

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

Amidst all the words from my melting brain. And yes - it's miserably hot down here.

I’m not going to post the vendor publicly in case Rivian files a cease and desist over trademark concerns. PM me for that information
My apologies for both being an abrupt ass and for the extreme heat although I can't do anything about the second thing.

I should have been more careful and read the entire post. I blame the Guinness.

OP
OP
shrink

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

My apologies for both being an abrupt ass and for the extreme heat although I can't do anything about the second thing.

I should have been more careful and read the entire post. I blame the Guinness.
No need to apologize! That was a lot of words. LOL

I posted a thread a couple weeks ago from happy hour in Kailua-Kona about a possible dual motor R1T sighting when yellow calipers were clearly visible in the photo.

I get it 🙂

Cheers! Have a great evening!

For anyone else reading this, I'm about to send out 10 of my existing stickers to another forum member. That leaves me with "only" 35 if anyone else wants some. Oh wait - I remember screwing up one of them, so 34-ish are left. I would like to keep 10 for myself as backups, so I'm willing to mail out for free 24 more if anyone could use them. Just send me a message.

tiltedandsaltyaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

went the same path, 20in AT powered coated black and used @shrink stickers (which were amazing)

Rivian R1T R1S A/T Brights Powdercoated to Glossy Black IMG_0630
Rivian R1T R1S A/T Brights Powdercoated to Glossy Black IMG_0670

OP
OP
shrink

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs